U17 World Hockey Challenge

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Back and forth game for 5th.

Canada White cruises.

What a crazy ending. Czechs were so close. LJ Mooney with a dynamic OT winner.

Sheeesh, seeing the Finnish goalie was a pain. Goes down immediately looking small, stays there and is often out of place. Overall bad positioning. First two looked easy, especially the second.
Edit: Also bad goaltending in the last one in OT. Two somewhat questionable goals and one soft is not good enough. Hope the kid bounces back.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Czechs are the new Finland in junior hockey it seems. And Finland the new Czechs or worse, LOL.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are the new Finland in junior hockey it seems. And Finland the new Czechs or worse, LOL.
Finland will never reach the lows we did for a decade and a half. That bar is very low!!!

However, the results are encouraging... silver at Hlinka, silver at Xmas and maybe a Bronze here (will be tough!). The nice thing is that it's 3 different age groups and roughly 60 players finding success. Plus a consistent stream of first rounders for us right now too as we are looking at 4 drafts in a row.

Nowhere near the last Finn decade but encouraging!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks!! I'm hoping I will actually be able to watch this one.

You guys had a good tournament, nice showing.
Very happy tbh. Some intirguing forwards on this group to offset the D that have been getting drafted later. Hope it all works out. Time will tell.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Benak is the trigger man on the PP? Did not expect that.

Pekar with a lucky goal to help make up for the unlucky OT goal last night.

Now that I'm watching.. it's clearly the Benak show but he needs better finishers around him.

Swedes with their second post as I ramble on.

Luck is on our side so far!

• Love
Reactions: Svedu and jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
He can stop it though.. he's been excellent. If he never leaves his crease again I'd be fine with it lol
I think you will win this game don't wanna jinx ya but looking at them this period I think they will come through.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think you will win this game don't wanna jinx ya but looking at them this period I think the will come through.
Two things going for us

1. Hard to beat a team twice in same tourney
2. Bronze means more to us

1 thing going against us... Sweden is better.

Reactions: Svedu

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Two things going for us

1. Hard to beat a team twice in same tourney
2. Bronze means more to us

1 thing going against us... Sweden is better.
Very true on 1 and 2. On point 3 though I don't think the gap is very sizeable, very winnable game.

Fernandez vs Vondroussova coming up, I'll be doing a lot of switching back and forth.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Very true on 1 and 2. On point 3 though I don't think the gap is very sizeable, very winnable game.

Fernandez vs Vondroussova coming up, I'll be doing a lot of switching back and forth.
EHT game is almost over.. we are up 5-3 on Finland.. I'll be on 2 screens soon.lol

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad