Value of: Tyler Toffoli

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I was right about Monahan. I am right about Toffoli.

Toffoli is not in demand the way Monahan was.
Eh. Will see if Jersey moves him but his counting stats are still good this year and the field is wide open.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Eh. Will see if Jersey moves him but his counting stats are still good this year and the field is wide open.
I don't think NJ has given up on the playoffs. Jack Hughes returns next week. They should be looking for a competent goalie rather than trading TT.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I don't think NJ has given up on the playoffs. Jack Hughes returns next week. They should be looking for a competent goalie rather than trading TT.
Yeah, I agree with that. Would have to be tossing in the towel cause they won’t get a better rental than Toffoli

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Toffoli was never really a good skater. A lot like Michael Ryder. If the Devils had Halak, they might be onto something! j/k

I don't see a lot of Devils games, but 21 goals is nothing to sneeze at.

Devils are 5 points out of playoff spot with 3 games in hand. I don't think they'd move him unless things get appreciably worse over the next month. If that's the case, I would think a 2nd round pick would be pretty realistic. If you get two teams looking for goals, and you're willing to retain, who knows.

2023 Deadline

Buffalo spent a 2nd and 4th to get Greenway
Dallas spent a 2nd for Domi
Boston spent a 1st and 4th for Bertuzzi
Pittsburgh spent a 2nd on Granlund.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For any team within legit striking distance of the playoffs, I think it's going to come down to how long a leash they still have left in their job security. Making/missing the PO may mean keeping your job or not. If you keep your job, how much pressure is then on the following season?

Half the teams make/miss the PO, so if you fall short (and end up just 2-3 points out and you sold UFAs with 16 games left, may wonder what if you kept your guys?). As those picks in rounds 2-4, won't make your roster until 3-4 years down the line.

If your team has to play better hockey than any stretch of the season for the remainder of the year to make the PO, however, then you are likely not making it. Then, it's time to sell.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Toffoli was never really a good skater. A lot like Michael Ryder. If the Devils had Halak, they might be onto something! j/k

I don't see a lot of Devils games, but 21 goals is nothing to sneeze at.

Devils are 5 points out of playoff spot with 3 games in hand. I don't think they'd move him unless things get appreciably worse over the next month. If that's the case, I would think a 2nd round pick would be pretty realistic. If you get two teams looking for goals, and you're willing to retain, who knows.

2023 Deadline

Buffalo spent a 2nd and 4th to get Greenway
Dallas spent a 2nd for Domi
Boston spent a 1st and 4th for Bertuzzi
Pittsburgh spent a 2nd on Granlund.
Greenway was not rental. He had 2 more years of term.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I’d be surprised if he returned a 1st, I’d also be surprised if NJ wanted one for him.
If they’re trading in him it should be in a deal for a goalie, something like him plus something else for Knight out of Florida.

Reactions: pouf pouf

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
I think if he were to be moved it would be right at the deadline as the Devils playoff prospects should be clearer at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad