Player Discussion Tyler Kleven (D) at 44th Overall (Sens traded up)

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I'm thinking that their respective ice time ends up a bit tilted to Chabot 5 on 5 but that kleven ends up with more pk time than Chabot has pp time.

And I'd say that if the season progresses how it has started - with kleven handling his ice time and Chabot doing what drives some of us nuts - that there's a view where Kleven is playing top 4 before year end.
Natural Stat trick thingy has Sanderson, Jensen, Chabot, Hamonic as the leaders. With Zub 5th, but he's been out. Kleven has barely played at all on the pk. I'm probably reading it wrong. If not, it seems unlikely that Kleven plays enough pk to pass Chabot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Natural Stat trick thingy has Sanderson, Jensen, Chabot, Hamonic as the leaders. With Zub 5th, but he's been out. Kleven has barely played at all on the pk. I'm probably reading it wrong. If not, it seems unlikely that Kleven plays enough pk to pass Chabot.
Kleven is a rookie, I think they are easing him in, but I do expect him to become a mainstay on the PK as he gains more experience and the coaches trust.

Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Kleven is a rookie, I think they are easing him in, but I do expect him to become a mainstay on the PK as he gains more experience and the coaches trust.
Agree. Next year would line up more no? Or do you see it start to happen this year? I guess it would depend on Kleven. I just answered my own question.....

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Agree. Next year would line up more no? Or do you see it start to happen this year? I guess it would depend on Kleven. I just answered my own question.....
It does depend on Kleven and it also depends on Chatbot

New coach, you'd think no (or less) loyalty

I think Kleven has looked pretty damn good. It's early and he's being eased in. The games will get quicker and harder so it'll be interesting to see how he handles that

If he continues to do well, you'd think his ice time grows.

And Chatbot has been less than stellar. I do see a world where his minutes drop below Kleven. If Kleven keeps progressing and Chabot doesn't get his head out of his ass, it's going to happen

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Kleven will likely start to get some PK minutes, but that will come at his ES minutes

Can't see him eclipsing 16/17ish mins a night this year
Idk about that. Kleven isn't a kid. He's turning 23 in January. Hockey dB has him at 220 lbs. He's hitting people coming down that wall. Jason York is always saying you need to know who's on the ice when you get out there. Well, you need to know Kleven is there.

You want to be hard to play against? He's hard to play to against. I don't think we can say that about Chabot.

I think it's going to be interesting to watch it unfold.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Idk about that. Kleven isn't a kid. He's turning 23 in January. Hockey dB has him at 220 lbs. He's hitting people coming down that wall. Jason York is always saying you need to know who's on the ice when you get out there. Well, you need to know Kleven is there.

You want to be hard to play against? He's hard to play to against. I don't think we can say that about Chabot.

I think it's going to be interesting to watch it unfold.
Absolutely, and he's been playing about 14:30ish thus far, and has looked ok in doing it. We needed to have a hard to play against guy on the bottom pair rather than the Brannstrom's, and he has absolueltly added that.

He's going to see an increse in playing time, but it's likely to be about an extra 1:30ish, not an extrteme amount bringing him up close to our #1 and 2 guys, which is very unlikely to change moving forward this year, regardless of what we think of it.

By year end it's likely we see a share similar to this

25/26 minute a night Sanderson, currently our #1 getting 25:50 a night
20/22 Chabot, currently our #2 getting 22:50 a night
16/17 a night Kleven, currently our #6 (including Zub) getting 14:50

There isn't really a scenario, barring a trade of Chabot, where Kleven is getting major minutes this year, and even then it's not a likely scenario; they are going to want a puck mover on the 2nd pair, and Kleven and Jenson, as solid defensively and physical as they may be, are not that.

Kleven "should" get more than the 14:50 he is getting, but it's defnitiely not going to be a 5+ minute increase

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad