Value of: Ty Smith

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
He's having a down year and there are legitimate questions about where he fits into the lineup long term. But he's not in the "get this f***ing bum off my team at all costs" category like Zacha is. We would be trading low on a very talented 21 year old defenseman.

Now if he's one piece in a bigger hockey trade for a legitimate top line forward or young starting goalie? Yeah, let's do it. But there's no point in dumping him for the sake of dumping him. Let him take his lumps and grow into a better player and evaluate him again in a year.

I understand Devils fans are frustrated, but rash emotional moves are how bad teams stay bad.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Yeah we’d keep the big RD with 4 times the goals, a higher ppg average and threading upwards, over the undersized Smith having a not soo good sophomore season. The values aren’t close
i totally understand your position. i probably would argue the same way.

young players tend to have up and down seasons. 12 month ago the proposal would have gotten valuated differently. 12 month from now, who knows. :dunno:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He's having a down year and there are legitimate questions about where he fits into the lineup long term. But he's not in the "get this f***ing bum off my team at all costs" category like Zacha is. We would be trading low on a very talented 21 year old defenseman.

Now if he's one piece in a bigger hockey trade for a legitimate top line forward or young starting goalie? Yeah, let's do it. But there's no point in dumping him for the sake of dumping him. Let him take his lumps and grow into a better player and evaluate him again in a year.

I understand Devils fans are frustrated, but rash emotional moves are how bad teams stay bad.
smith had a tough year. first he got of his most precious opportunities by the hamilton signing, then he was injured during training camp and tried to get into game shape in nhl games. bad results were a logical consequence and ever since he seems to suffer from his bad start. he looks hesitant, seems to overthink his actions and often makes bad decisions.

what went instinctively right last season, goes wrong this season. i sense a lack of confidence, but he also lacks the skating to buy him more time.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Both Graves and Smith are complimentary players and won't garner much. Smith has the better pedigree but not any real success at the NHL level and he is smallish, so I would imagine both are worth a 3rd at this point.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Was he the guy that had his controller disconnected on that 2 on 1 and made it a 2 on 0?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Both Graves and Smith are complimentary players and won't garner much. Smith has the better pedigree but not any real success at the NHL level and he is smallish, so I would imagine both are worth a 3rd at this point.
90% percent of the NHL players are complimentary players and most garner a higher return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad