Confirmed with Link: Ty Dellandrea traded to San Jose for a 2025 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He’s said several times that money is not an issue and has made a ton in his career. If he wants to stay, he will take that amount. Plus, he’s still getting paid by Nashville. Also, if he wanted a raise from Nill, he shouldn’t have shit the bed in the playoffs.
Guys say stuff like that yet always go to the highest bidder.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Meh Del sucked but this is a nothing return. Guessing Nill wanted to do right by Ty who probably asked for a new start.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm not sure Bichsel starts the season on the NHL roster. He is still only 20 and is already ahead of schedule to even have been considered for playoff play. The above roster has three rookies playing every day, and that seems unlikely to be the case out of camp, especially you end up with a third pair that's a complete question mark.

But maybe the cap situation is going to force their hand into having to roll with a number of cheaper young guys.

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
So forwards are looking like

Robertson - Hintz - Johnston
Marchment - x - Seguin
Benn - stankoven - bourque
Steel - Faksa - Dadanov

Hopefully faksa is moved but not sure he will be now, could use that money for a better 2C

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I'm not sure Bichsel starts the season on the NHL roster. He is still only 20 and is already ahead of schedule to even have been considered for playoff play. The above roster has three rookies playing every day, and that seems unlikely to be the case out of camp, especially you end up with a third pair that's a complete question mark.

But maybe the cap situation is going to force their hand into having to roll with a number of cheaper young guys.
Not many options then unless you unload Faksa as well.

Meh Del sucked but this is a nothing return. Guessing Nill wanted to do right by Ty who probably asked for a new start.
If Del is asking for this, then I’m certain Nils is as well.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The other option is that when Nill sours on someone, they are gone. Many years back he traded Dillon out of nowhere after he was sticky on a contract number, just after he re-signed Eakin, whom later was selected by VGK in the expansion draft.

It's interesting looking back at our trade history. Jamie O only netted a 4th round pick, and we traded that right back to return him here a few years later.

I think that if Nill finds a replacement for Nils, he will move him, too. If we do have that piece in place, Nils would be lucky to get a 6th, or whatever some of our other lower D have netted.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
You don't have to draft someone as good as Dellandrea. You can just sign them for league minimum in free agency. Sub-20 point pace is easily replaceable.

Blumel could probably provide a similar impact on the fourth line.

Reactions: DieselPig

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Some people can't get over a guy's draft position. They see a guy drafted in the first round and always assume there is more.

It's very easy to replace what Dellandrea gave them. All you have to do is wait until after the first week of free agency and scour the discount bin of journeymen who will gladly take a league minimum deal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dickinson was much better than Ty and they had no problem moving on from him. As much as i don't like Faksas contract he's a better player than Ty .

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Dickinson was much better than Ty and they had no problem moving on from him. As much as i don't like Faksas contract he's a better player than Ty .
Heck, I bet the team might have even preferred to keep Dellandrea over Faksa, but the difference is Dellandrea being cheap made him tradable. Faksa has negative trade value now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Radek is in the last year of his contract next season . I refuse to believe he wouldn't be moveable without attaching too many assets for an expiring contract.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Radek is in the last year of his contract next season . I refuse to believe he wouldn't be moveable without attaching too many assets for an expiring contract.
But that's the problem. I don't think the team wanted to have to pay to get rid of a guy when they'd already traded away something like six or seven future draft picks. So they got rid of the guy who could return a pick instead.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I also think Radek is likely to be a throw-in to make salaries work next year if the team was to make a deal for a bigger contract

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
But that's the problem. I don't think the team wanted to have to pay to get rid of a guy when they'd already traded away something like six or seven future draft picks. So they got rid of the guy who could return a pick instead.
Goodrow just got claimed on waivers, he's bad and has term.
They could have waived Faksa and seen if anyone would take him. Technically they still could, but we all know it won't happen

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Faksa seems like TDL trade material to me. Playoff teams are always looking for depth and defensive players. Of course, if the Stars are in a similar position to this year, they may want to keep him, too. I suspect we fall back a little next year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Faksa seems like TDL trade material to me. Playoff teams are always looking for depth and defensive players. Of course, if the Stars are in a similar position to this year, they may want to keep him, too. I suspect we fall back a little next year.

If the Stars are as good as this year Faksa can easily be moved in a bigger deal to make money work. I doubt a bad team cares that much if they have to pay Radek for a month or two if its just to make money work . Maybe they can even flip him to someone else.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
If the Stars are as good as this year Faksa can easily be moved in a bigger deal to make money work. I doubt a bad team cares that much if they have to pay Radek for a month or two if its just to make money work . Maybe they can even flip him to someone else.

They did the same thing with Anton Khudobin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad