Speculation: Two teams interested in acquiring Evander Kane

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
As did all your favorite politicians as well. Rules for ye not for me as they say.

Evander was just way ahead of them
Evander Kane is also the subject of this thread and his character is relevant to the discussion about him potentially being moved, soooo

denzel-washington-door.gif

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think you're over amplifying his character issues if that's your main argument.

Hopefully he still has some left in the tank. He's a good player when healthy
Given his history and the fact it has been an issue over his entire career, he is absolutely within his right to question his character. He's real close to Mike Ribeiro territory.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Given his history and the fact it has been an issue over his entire career, he is absolutely within his right to question his character. He's real close to Mike Ribeiro territory.
I think the problem a couple of posters have is with the example and not so much the claim that he has character issues, but, just in case, here's an article from before covid when he was extended by San Jose that included a brief run down of the things that brought such question marks before he proved he couldn't follow league rules during a pandemic.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
People can change, or at least calm down. Seems that EDM fans are happy with him, so why trade him? They need depth in the middle six forward spots, and he provides that. Also is physical and tough, which is nice to have during the playoffs.

Most of the character issues happened when he was a younger man. Which of us didn't do some foolish things when we were young.... only difference with us is that no one cared about what we did.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Is EDM really looking to shed salary/cap??

I’d prefer a defenseman or a guy capable of playing center, but, as a CBJ fan I’d be interested in something involving a Laine/Kane swap.

He’s seemingly the type of player the CBJ need to add on the ice, and quite frankly I’m not bothered much about his “off ice” issues, or the potential impact on the younger CBJ players, as long as it doesn’t negatively impact his health, ability, motivation, and ultimately the game he brings to the ice.

Could be another problem, or as he’s clearly a much different player and “dynamic”, could be something of a solution.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I think you're over amplifying his character issues if that's your main argument.

Hopefully he still has some left in the tank. He's a good player when healthy
Have you looked into the abortion for pay scandal that came out through his bankruptcy? IMO anyone who attempts to downplay Kane’s character issues is willfully ignorant of reality.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Unless this is some cap circulating and re-management thing, this trade doesn’t really make sense.

Kane provides more for the Oilers when healthy than what they would get back for him, unless they really need the cap space.

Kane’s best chances of winning are with the Edmonton Oilers, and his highest chance of production is probably on this team.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Have you looked into the abortion for pay scandal that came out through his bankruptcy? IMO anyone who attempts to downplay Kane’s character issues is willfully ignorant of reality.
Was talking about one specific example but ok.

I also don't like to live in the past so there's that too. Since joining EDM he looks like someone who's matured from his past actions.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
People can change, or at least calm down. Seems that EDM fans are happy with him, so why trade him? They need depth in the middle six forward spots, and he provides that. Also is physical and tough, which is nice to have during the playoffs.

Most of the character issues happened when he was a younger man. Which of us didn't do some foolish things when we were young.... only difference with us is that no one cared about what we did.
Yes people can change, but if there is a discussion about him being traded his history is going to come up. It just is.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
He’s not going anywhere this year, Oilers value what he brings and he’s also got a full NMC that changed to a 10 team NTC after this year.

He scored 26G in 76 games bouncing between the 2/3 lines with almost no PP time. He also plays with a physical edge and gets under opponents skin. If he stays healthy this year and has yet another 20G season they’ll have no problem trading him if they want to.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
If anyone could provide some of the character issues and cancerous actions Kane has had since he got to Edmonton, that would be fantastic. Otherwise rambling on about all of the already well documented transgressions prior to being in Edmonton is pretty much just gum flapping at this point.

And anyone still pointing at covid? Holy f*** give it up already, lol. Nobody cares.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
It’s taking longer than people would like (much like the Draisaitl extension), but I think all signs point to him having surgery and then milking the recovery process to stay on LTIR as long as possible.

From what I can see, they’d need him to miss around 1/2 the season to get enough LTIR relief to offset the extensions Broberg and Holloway need to sign (I think the deal Barron just signed would be fair 1.15 x 2).

Then you roll with this until Kane get back:

Nuge-McD-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvi
Holloway-Rico-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
He’s not going anywhere this year, Oilers value what he brings and he’s also got a full NMC that changed to a 10 team NTC after this year.

He scored 26G in 76 games bouncing between the 2/3 lines with almost no PP time. He also plays with a physical edge and gets under opponents skin. If he stays healthy this year and has yet another 20G season they’ll have no problem trading him if they want to.
He loves being an Oiler, and the Oilers love having him on our side.

After years of players demanding traded out of Edmonton, I'd rather keep the ones who wanna be here.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad