Speculation: Two teams interested in acquiring Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
If the Oilers can rehab him, why would they trade him? A running on all cylinders Kane is still an asset for them even at his contract.
a tanking team could use injured evander for cap reasons, oilers already replaced him at 3lw with jeff skinner or savoie or jarventie

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Because people who understand how the world works know that a judge discharging a debt in bankruptcy does not mean the circumstances underlying the debt did not occur.

What is kinda f***ed is Kane getting her pregnant three times, demanding she abort in each case, and using bankruptcy to weasel out of his financial obligation.
He paid her $125k for the 2nd abortion, she wanted $3M for the 3rd. This was all while he had a long term gf which she knew about. Neither of these people sound like upstanding characters.

The only situation in which the $3M debt would've survived the bankruptcy would be if she could prove he had no intention to pay her when he agreed to pay $3M for the last abortion. She didn’t prove that and the case was tossed.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He paid her $125k for the 2nd abortion, she wanted $3M for the 3rd. This was all while he had a long term gf which she knew about. Neither of these people sound like upstanding characters.

The only situation in which the $3M debt would've survived the bankruptcy would be if she could prove he had no intention to pay her when he agreed to pay $3M for the last abortion. She didn’t prove that and the case was tossed.
Never in my life did I think I would Google "Evander Kane third abortion", but I did. My understanding is she asked for $2M for the third abortion, he agreed, reneged, and - even though the judge allowed discovery through the bankruptcy - the debt was eventually discharged. Neither are upstanding characters, but only one is the subject of this thread.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Of all the scenarios that one is probably the least likely, that’s clear cap circumvention.
The guys been documented out golfing and performing typical summer activities. To suddenly be unfit to play for game 1 would be a giant question mark for the league.

That is actually an interesting topic.

I golf right and I have "severe" bursitis (as per radiologist) with an impingment in my right shoulder with both a tear and dislocated nerve (had no idea there is such a thing) in my right elbow.

Sleeping is a real bitch cause I often find my self laying on that side.

I can't pour a beer....or throw a ball for that matter...yet I can play 18 without pain and am still driving 290.

Not saying you're wrong...but there are just some things about the body that make you go "what the f***?" And sure as shit if this was an LTD or workers comp claim, they would be all over me.

Guess it just comes to the how you use it and the intensity in which it is used (or abused).

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I can't pour a beer....or throw a ball for that matter...yet I can play 18 without pain and am still driving 290.

tiger-tiger-woods.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad