Speculation: Two teams interested in acquiring Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah I don't see the Oilers adding to get Lars Eller. A broken Kane is still twice the playear Eller is
Well I don't think you're "adding to get Eller" but rather "adding to sell Kane and get a capable roster player in return".

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hawks had it fall into their lap and from there it was realized.

Tampa engineered it to a point it was Obvious and nobody said anything really. Why the hell for the first time in hip injury history in all of the NHL did a player delay surgery to see if it would heal naturally. A complete mysterious 2 month gap in the season ending and a player going for surgery. On I repeat.. an injury that has never successfully healed itself without surgery. Nobody in the media EVER brings up the issue of the surgery date. Because Hockey writers are terrible journalists.

Vegas caught on and well.. when in Rome.

I hope Edmonton does this with Kane. It's quite effective. And I can see Kane being someone who may go along with it.
Hawks knew what they were doing acquiring Vermette while Kane was on LTIR. Then Kane was magically ok.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Hawks knew what they were doing acquiring Vermette while Kane was on LTIR. Then Kane was magically ok.

Yah I guess I see a difference in that
1. Kane was injured a weak before trade deadline. It wasn't some nagging thing. He got surgery.
2. Kane came back from surgery earlier then projected. Though I could see this being debatable as I have no idea about fracture surgery and how long it typically takes. they could have said 100 weeks for all we know.

I guess the real question is if he could play game 1 of the playoffs he probably could have played game 82.

I honestly think it fell into Chicago's lap and they went with it. For likely what the rule was intended for more than the others imo.

Tampa engineered surgery dates.
Vegas has a player that self engineers return times. Really when someone says my back hurts.. what can you do. There's likely not many a doctor on the planet that would go to bat trying to prove he can play. So he has a play when ever the f*** I feel like card haha.

I think Edmonton could do the same with Kane because of the nature of a hernia. Try self heal until the surgery date lines up with day 1 of playoffs. Doctors can't say shit about how you chose to recover.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
He skirted the restrictions during covid, travelled out of the country and crossed even to Canada.
Kane is an unlikable idiot but this was his broken clock is right twice a day moment. That's about the only respectable thing he's done in his dipshit-filled career. Teams have a laundry list of reasons to avoid him but that sure as shit ain't one

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Makes sense for a bottom feeder to buy low, give him prime scoring opportunity, then sell him off at the TDL.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Kane is an unlikable idiot but this was his broken clock is right twice a day moment. That's about the only respectable thing he's done in his dipshit-filled career. Teams have a laundry list of reasons to avoid him but that sure as shit ain't one
Getting on an airplane while being COVID positive is something we are celebrating now? Alrighty then.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
This screams chicago
Chicago is going to take on the contract of a player known to wear out his welcome in every locker room? In the last 2 years, he litigated a settlement to pay to make a sexual assault accusation go away.....

Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what chicago is looking for in their rebuild/rebrand lol

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Getting on an airplane while being COVID positive is something we are celebrating now? Alrighty then.
Apparently that depends on who you see most on your Facebook feed, and if those people believe in reality.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
“Evander Kane will be ready for training camp, he will take part in the Captain Skates come early September. Going on LTIR isn’t the plan according to sources. Kane & his family have invested in staying in Edmonton over the next two years & beyond. The Ducks & Kings have interest in Kane but he’s not looking to waive his NMC at this time. He WANTS to be an Oiler!

“Dylan Holloway & Philip Broberg are expected to sign 2 year deals next week, Holloway AAV could be $1.3M & Broberg’s AAV could be $1.1M.”
This last paragraph aged well.:laugh:

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Let's get down to the bottom of this:

Oilers fans, how has Kane, as a -person-, been in Edmonton? Has anyone given him praise or has he done anything stupid there or petty issues?

I have looked high and low and unless there's more out there than I'm seeing (and I've surfed and did some due dilligent research), he's been pretty sound. Everyone has a past and while most of it is, not all of it is on him. So what've yall heard up there?

As for the whole 'fake covid vaccine card' that was the catalyst for the Sharks players to say f-k this guy (I think if he hadn't done that, that the locker room would have been solid alongside him), I have to wonder how someone with that kind of money and having the reputation of being shady couldn't Kane have just paid a doctor to sign him a legit 'fake' one. How did they investigate the card and realize it was fake? Anyone got intel on this?

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Let's get down to the bottom of this:

Oilers fans, how has Kane, as a -person-, been in Edmonton? Has anyone given him praise or has he done anything stupid there or petty issues?

Nothing at all off ice. You would think if there had been, the ever vigilant media (not to mention the fans) would have caught it, but the worst we have heard is the social media barrage by his ex throughout the playoffs (and IMO she came off worse there). He's also been super involved in the community and with non-profits.

Now, have his comments about ice time plus that argument on the bench with Perry been a minor distraction? Sure, but obviously not enough to majorly sidetrack the team. He has his warts but I can't complain at all about the person he's been away from the rink.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad