OT: TV thread

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I haven't seen the movie in awhile, but the Apple series, I am on the fence about.
I have worked on a lot of shows, the ones I liked are the ones where there are characters, you can like and relate to in a way.
That series I am having trouble doing that, so it's hard for me to watch.
So I maybe I need to give it some time, or not!
Interesting observation...For me, I thought the series accomplished building each of the characters. I was first a big fan of the novel and anxious to see the movie (H Ford). Ford was awesome and captured the book. Rarely happens with a great novel.

The movie and book did not dive into the depth of each of the characters. The series is unique that way. For a short series, the producers put a spin on the original. I think that's why I liked it so much.

I just finished .... so not spoilers from me.

KIN will engage you ... I liked and related.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I haven't seen the movie in awhile, but the Apple series, I am on the fence about.
I have worked on a lot of shows, the ones I liked are the ones where there are characters, you can like and relate to in a way.
That series I am having trouble doing that, so it's hard for me to watch.
So I maybe I need to give it some time, or not!
I found it difficult to like Gyllenhals character and his wife. Just seemed like a bad fit for s couplr

Babajingo

Completely forgot about this video.

I remember the hype build up before teh super bowl.
Man, reality set in real quick when the game started.

Around the 2:45 mark are B's people saying "Bruins are the only bears for me".
I recognize Dave Shea, is that Kluzak in teh middle? I don't recognize the guy on the right. Is it Jay Miller?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Shooting has started on Season 4 of Shoresy. :thumbu:

from bellmedia.ca:

Crave announced today that production is underway in Sudbury on the six-episode, fourth season of Crave’s smash-hit original comedy series, SHORESY. Created by and starring Jared Keeso, and produced by New Metric Media in association with Play Fun Games and Crave, the hockey comedy continues to follow the foul-mouthed, chirp-serving, mother-loving, fan favourite character, Shoresy (Keeso), and the Sudbury Blueberry Bulldogs of the Northern Ontario Senior Hockey Organization (The NOSHO). The fourth season of SHORESY drops Winter 2025 on Crave.

Guest stars appearing in SHORESY, Season 4, include: TSN hockey reporter Kenzie Lalonde; TSN reporter and Olympic gold medalist Tessa Bonhomme; Meghan Chayka, co-founder of Stathletes; and former NHLers Doug Gilmour, Marty McSorley, and Sean Avery. Other newcomers include Isaac Kragten (ODD SQUAD), Eric Fleising (BURDEN), Sudbury native Xander Roy, and Sudbury Wolves forward Chase Coughlan.

As previously announced, cast members from the popular series will lace up their skates at the Shoresy Fall Classic to compete against a lineup of Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni on November 17th at Mattamy Athletic Centre (formerly Maple Leaf Gardens). Partial proceeds will benefit MLSE Launch Pad. For more information about the event and to purchase merchandise, please visit the Shoresy Official Store.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Redownloaded a bunch of my favorite comfort tv series

Rockford files
Hawaii 5-0
Superstore
Miami vice
Disneys zorro
Boston legal
Mindhunter
Blacklist
Silicon valley
Ballers

Damn guess I just listed my all time favorite shows but my all time favorite shows are Sopranos and The Wire.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Redownloaded a bunch of my favorite comfort tv series

Rockford files
Hawaii 5-0
Superstore
Miami vice
Disneys zorro
Boston legal
Mindhunter
Blacklist
Silicon valley
Ballers

Damn guess I just listed my all time favorite shows but my all time favorite shows are Sopranos and The Wire.
which version of Hawai'i 5-0 there's the classic original version by CBS, then the rebooted version

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I've been re-watching the series "Chuck" (aired 9/2007 through 1/2012) ... so very funny as I remembered it and I don't think it could ever be made today.
About half way through it dawned on me some of the characters had names of hockey players (i.e. John Casey, Guy Lafleur, Bartowski, Walker, Shaw) and there were images of hockey games in the background (TVs / video games) especially in the Buy More. It has made me wonder if this was purely coincidence or intentionally ... does anybody know?

One of the funniest scenes from the series ...

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I've been re-watching Stargate SG-1 on blu-ray. Now on season 3. I love good sci-fi ... somewhere in my top 20 favorite TV sci-fi series.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Been hooked on BritBox shows lately

Responder, Blue Lights, Grace, Silent Witness (50+ seasons) and Suspects

On Prime-

watching Population 11, pretty fun stuff, doesn`t take itself too seriously

Netflix- just started Godless, first episode watched last night, was terrific

Reactions: caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
70 years ago today Hurricane Carol destroyed the WBZ-TV tower in Allston

1725174638516.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Oh Ya? Well V66 is 39 yrs old.

We watched V66 daily during its brief lifespan on Boston's UHF airwaves. It was on V66 that we viewed Live Aid in 1985.

Two Emerson brats out for a good time. Or something.

Corner of Mass Ave and Comm Ave. The Eliot Lounge. Oceanic Chinese Restaurant. White Hen Pantry. Newbury Steakhouse a weekly, humble, less than savory haunt.

Fathers Four down the street (from which we were eventually banned), just past DesPina's Pizza, where two underage kids could cadge a Budweiser and a greasy slice, adjacent to the venerable Marlboro Market.

In the opposite direction, awful Christie's (remember those?) round the corner. Newbury Comics. Avenue Victor Hugo used bookstore. Trident 🔱 bookstore. Charlie's restaurant, where we never dined in all those years.

And, at that time, the large, industrial, ugly monstrosity on the corner of Newbury and Mass Ave was empty and had been for years.

Later, in the early 1990s, to house a Tower Records. (RIP) Boston was catching up with the times!

"Too Much Patrulie."

And, risking cancellation here, a very cute lass behind the register.

Much later, occupied by filthy rich empty nesters, who I gather still infest that space.

These are the folks who frequent Eataly at the Pru - a wind tunnel in 1985, by the way -
and summer in Nantucket. Titanium credit cards ever at the ready.

Which is to say (sigh), as Bette Davis correctly observed, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies."

But my, didn't we have fun?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad