OT: TV thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I started season one but stopped because I was looking for a little less gore. It seems like a common theme. I like the Boys despite the fact that it has always been gory. This season however is on another level. Not just the gore but the politics and the sex are off the charts. There seems to be a lot of shock value in my queue and I’m trying to change that.
Fallout was really good and didn’t have too much gore. A little bit but nothing over the top.

Reactions: HustleB

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Me-TV has a new channel out that’s all classic cartoons 24/7 called Me-TV Toons. It’s available in the Boston area via OTA antenna on channel 62.3. It’s some good escapism for those of us who could use some.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Me-TV has a new channel out that’s all classic cartoons 24/7 called Me-TV Toons. It’s available in the Boston area via OTA antenna on channel 62.3. It’s some good escapism for those of us who could use some.

MOST OF THIS NETWORK is streaming.....

Babajingo

Had the TV on in the background. Xmen First Class was on. I noticed that TNT had it from 6:30 to 9:30. So 3 hours for a 2 hour movie. Has it always been like that, and I'm just spoiled with streaming? I don't know how anyone can watch a movie on the networks now. I guess they have to make their money somehow.
Noticed it for The Office too. the broadcast is 35 minutes now, on whatever channel its on.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Just finished The Bear. Another stellar episode from Jamie Leigh Curtis

We are waiting until my mom gets back from Mass to binge. Funny The Bear and This Fool usually drop at the same time havent heard anything about this fool. Was probably cancelled since the second season was just shit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I started season one but stopped because I was looking for a little less gore. It seems like a common theme. I like the Boys despite the fact that it has always been gory. This season however is on another level. Not just the gore but the politics and the sex are off the charts. There seems to be a lot of shock value in my queue and I’m trying to change that.
The Boys sucks now. Series has jumped the shark. Season 4 not worth it at all,. I should have stopped after 2. 3 was meh. Season four is basically just making fun of itself now, and the direction they took Frenchy this season is embarrassing

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Just finished The Bear. Another stellar episode from Jamie Leigh Curtis
On Heidi Chronicles, she definitely made the other cast members, up their game, if you will! She also would hangout with the crew during lunchtime, a very cool person!

Reactions: lopey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I dont know if anyone else is watching House of The Dragon but man was that a great episode last night.
Yeah it was really good,so with the King dead who takes over now ,does the one with one eye take over ,atleast until the Princess gets the throne back.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not dead. And that's not a spoiler based on the episode itself.

Aemond wouldn't have been pulling out his sword (and Cole wouldn't have needed to stop him) if he wasn't planning to finish off his brother Aegon.

If there was any doubt the "next week" preview showed he's alive (even if it didn't show him).

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I dont know if anyone else is watching House of The Dragon but man was that a great episode last night.
Best episode in a long time, imo. It took one of GOT best directors to deliver a big plot point from the book and deliver. Yes, some things were changed a bit. But I loved it. It gave me old school GOT vibes. I will never forgive them for GOT ending, but when that show was good? It was REALLY good. I feel like HOTD can be elite tv, but they hold back on a lot, instead of going for it. Luckily they have a fantastic cast who can sometimes turn shit into sugar. But they should listen to GRRM more. He said the first 2 seasons of this show should of been dedicated to the younger characters, and I agree. Flesh these characters out. We went so quickly last season and now. They needed time to provide the story. My love for this show ebs and flows. Last night reminded me how good it  can be.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Watched the documentary Lover, Stalker, Killer on Netflix this weekend. Highly recommended.

All I'm gonna say about it is......Holy Shit.

Reactions: LSCII

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Can't remember if anyone is watching The Acolyte, but if you are and are interested I just did a massive interview with the showrunner about episode 7 (and some other big stuff connected to it).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Started to watch that 90s show. Its not bad if u go into it with a clear mind and dont think its gonna be like that 70s show
I enjoyed it and especially loved the return of several original cast members, even if some were just cameos. It’s brainless fun just as the original and was appealing for the nostalgia factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad