OT: TV thread

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just watched the pilot for Tires on Netflix. If you like Shane Gillis you'll love it, if you don't, you'll hate it. I thought it was hilarious so far.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I just watched the pilot for Tires on Netflix. If you like Shane Gillis you'll love it, if you don't, you'll hate it. I thought it was hilarious so far.

I have it in my list cuz of Stav

Father maybe Mother not really sure they ever revealed it totally.But Red would have been one ugly woman.lol
I stopped watching after Liz died seemed kinda pointless to continue

Love the show but it gets kinda messy and convoluted

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
RIP Taylor Wily former Sumo turned UFC fighter turned actor (was the first to transition from UFC to acting) 1968-2024; appeared notably in both Magnum PI's and Hawaii 5-0 reboot (all series set in Hawai'i)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Anyone watching House of Dragons season 2? I'm having to re-watch season 1. I'm confused lol.
I am.

I read the book. I'm not pleased with how they did blood and cheese. Just wasted potential.

This show is lucky they have phenomenal actors because the writing is not great. Ryan Condal doesn't seem to understand the show or story. Everything being an accident and a misunderstanding is pissing me off.

Edit: my dasher must be a Targaryen.
Screenshot_20240621_194248_DoorDash.jpg

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I watched “The Pacific” this weekend. Although not as iconic as its “Band of Brothers” predecessor, I was emotionally engaged and moved by this show in a way that hasn’t happened for me in a long time.

The combat sequences were visually terrifying and I cried a couple of times at the heartbreaking cost of war the men and women in this series suffered. As I said - I was deeply moved.

Not for the faint of heart, but a story worth watching.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tires had me laughing the whole time but it's less a coherent show and more of a series of loosely aligned sketches. Still worth watching. The shipping container scene was one of the funniest things I've seen on tv in years.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Some shows I am curtrently watching

Dear Child- Netflix. On episode 4. Total psych show It's great

Presumed Innocent- Appletv- Not the most comfortable show to watch, but acting is top notch and lots of twists.

The Patient- Hulu- Maybe the best series ever made that not many people talk about.

Reacher- Prime- Good fun. Alan Ritchson shirtless is a treat for everyone

The Peripheral- I think Netflix, it's a super sci fi show

Mindhunter-Netflix- Classic, if you haven't watched it, you are missing out

The Night Agent- Fun

Blackbird- Apple Tv- One of the best series ever IMO

You- Netflix. Finished three seasons. Not everyone's cup of tea, but twists, turns...has it all. Penn Badgley is one of the better actors around

Last edited:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
@LouJersey, Reacher is on Amazon Prime, and it is a good show. Second you on Manhunter. The way they get the serial killers right down to the looks. voices, and mannerisms is uncanny. That show needs another season.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Some shows I am curtrently watching

Dear Child- Netflix. On episode 4. Total psych show It's great

Presumed Innocent- Appletv- Not the most comfortable show to watch, but acting is top notch and lots of twists.

The Patient- Hulu- Maybe the best series ever made that not many people talk about.

Reacher- Prime- Good fun. Alan Ritchson shirtless is a treat for everyone

The Peripheral- I think Netflix, it's a super sci fi show

Mindhunter-Netflix- Classic, if you haven't watched it, you are missing out

The Night Agent- Fun

Blackbird- Apple Tv- One of the best series ever IMO

You- Netflix. Finished three seasons. Not everyone's cup of tea, but twists, turns...has it all. Penn Badgley is one of the better actors around
Blackbird was awesome...up there in my top ranked series. Dear Child was interesting to say the least and very good. A couple must adds to your viewing pleasure is "Defending Jacob". Filmed in Salem. I believe Apple. The other is "Sinner" - Bill Pulman (one of my fav actors). Other less familiars, Godless, Halt and Catch Fire, Bloodline, and Big Little Lies.

Reactions: LouJersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad