OT: TV thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
IMG_5338.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
HLOTS was one of our favorite shows (obsessively). It’s a crime that it’s not streaming. I found a set of the DVDs at my local library sale 5 years ago for a couple bucks!

RIP Andre.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
RIP Kamar. F Cancer. Daytime has lost so many actors this year. I grew up watching the ABC soaps: All My CHildren, One Life to Live and General Hospital. I still watch GH on and off.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Amazon Prime Video will start showing ads on January 29th in Canada, USA, Germany and the UK. :thumbd:

from businessinsider.com:

Amazon Prime Video is introducing commercials to its content next month.

The streaming service, which is home to originals like "Reacher" and "The Boys," announced in September that it would begin rolling out ads on Prime in 2024, and subscribers have now received an email announcing that the change would begin on January 29 for US subscribers. Those who wish to avoid ads can pay an extra $2.99 per month.

"This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers," Amazon wrote in its December 26 email to customers.

Prime Video can be accessed through Amazon Prime, which costs $14.99 per month, or on its own for $8.99 per month. The change will affect subscribers in the US, UK, Germany, and Canada first, and will launch in France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Australia at a later date.

The price hike comes as streaming services get more expensive across the board and introduce new revenue streams in efforts to turn a profit. Netflix, Hulu, Max, Disney+, Peacock, and Paramount+ With Showtime have all raised their prices this year.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’m really late to the Shoresy table, so I came here to see what people had to say about it.

I never watched Letter Kenny, but will after Shoresy.

Absolutely love it.

Watched 3 episodes so far and told my brother about it.

I described it as Slapshot meets a profanity laced Arrested Decelopment.

At least that’s what I got based on the first 3.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I am devastated that Letterkenny is over :(

such a comfort show for me

I’m really late to the Shoresy table, so I came here to see what people had to say about it.

Absolutely love it.

Shoresy captures hockey in the most authentic way possible

Reactions: LSCII and sarge88

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Got an e-mail from Amazon Prime Canada about an hour ago - the ads will start in Canada on February 5th:

Dear Prime member,

We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting February 5, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than traditional TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here.

And, you can expect additional features and programs added in the future for our Prime members.

As mentioned above, no action is required from you. If you wish to sign up for the ad-free option, you can click here to sign up. And, as always, if you have questions about your Prime membership, you can manage your account here.

Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime.

Sincerely,
The Amazon Prime team

* Live event content such as sports will continue to include advertising.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m really looking forward to this.

The same group that produced and directed. Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Debuts in 2 weeks.

• Love
Reactions: sooshii and jgatie

gorskic

Debuts in 2 weeks.
So much good stuff on Apple TV+. Watching the season finale of "For All Mankind" right now.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Debuts in 2 weeks.
Westy’s got this one flagged as well.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Joyce Randolph, who played Trixie Norton, the wife of a guffawing, rubber-limbed sewer worker forever mired in a blowhard neighbor’s get-rich-quick schemes and other hazards of life on the classic 1950s sitcom “The Honeymooners,” died on Saturday at her home in Manhattan. She was 99.

Her son, Randy Charles, confirmed her death.

Ms. Randolph was the last survivor of a cast of four that dominated the Saturday night viewing habits of millions in the golden age of live television, and for decades afterward on rerun broadcasts and home video. Jackie Gleason (Ralph Kramden) died in 1987; Audrey Meadows (Ralph’s wife, Alice) in 1996; and Art Carney (Trixie’s husband, Ed Norton) in 2003.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Absolutely love it.

Shoresy is a modern day Slapshot, but Canadian. It's so good. Letterkenny is also great but very different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad