OT: TV & Movie Suggestions

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Watched what probably was the worst movie I've seen in a decade (that's 10 years for some of you) called Leave the World Behind, what a POS movie, should be called Leave this movie behind, then I see Obama's were involved in it which speaks volumes!

0/10 is being generous!

I didn't know this movie existed but the premise sounds amazing and the cast is great. Ethan Hawke is rarely in movies that pure garbage, even his worst ones tend to atleast be interesting.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I didn't know this movie existed but the premise sounds amazing and the cast is great. Ethan Hawke is rarely in movies that pure garbage, even his worst ones tend to atleast be interesting.
I'm a Hawke and ROberts fan, and can't believe they took roles in this POS movie!

• Wow
Reactions: JetsFan815

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Thanks for the heads up @sipowicz, that's what I was going to watch tonight, so I'll find something else...:thumbu:
No, watch the movie. It's co-written and directed by Sam Esmail (Mr Robot). Nuff said.

It has a couple of weak moments, but overall a very good movie that conveys the tension of not knowing what's going on while some cataclysmic event is unfolding.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sip is being Sip, he's a generational hater.

It's an okay movie, could have been a lot better, but it's not terrible. I've wasted hours watching much worse movies before.
Ya it wasn't great but not terrible, @sipowicz should watch Rockstar , now that was horrible, so bad i couldn't even finish watching. 🤮 Just watched the Elvis movie with Tom Hanks , very good movie.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
No, watch the movie. It's co-written and directed by Sam Esmail (Mr Robot). Nuff said.

It has a couple of weak moments, but overall a very good movie that conveys the tension of not knowing what's going on while some cataclysmic event is unfolding.
Couldn't disagree more, garbage movie, your in the minority who actually liked it!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't bother with Rebel Moon on Netflix. It's not good...unless you've never seen any sci-fi film before - then it might be just okay.

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
lebowski is the best movie most years. no country for old men not bad either.

i watched ' dumb money' last week. great story, wall street are cheating crooks. not new information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Funny I just watched Oppenheimer with my son. It was REALLY long but I thought it was very well done.

I enjoyed ”Air” which was the Jordan story. Liked CODA but that might be more than a year old.

I traveled allot this past year so I think I watched alot of very forgettable movies on the plane.

I think I mostly watched content on Prime, Netflix, Crave, Disney, Paramount +, Apple TV, Brit Box.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Funny I just watched Oppenheimer with my son. It was REALLY long but I thought it was very well done.

I enjoyed ”Air” which was the Jordan story. Liked CODA but that might be more than a year old.

I traveled allot this past year so I think I watched alot of very forgettable movies on the plane.

I think I mostly watched content on Prime, Netflix, Crave, Disney, Paramount +, Apple TV, Brit Box.
Air was a lot of fun. It's on Prime if anyone's looking for it.

Reactions: ps241

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
Haven't been to a movie since 1979 and I rarely watch them on TV. We're British TV aficionados so, here's my list of faves from '23.

The Bear (season 2) - nope, it ain't British but sometimes exceptions are worth making

Happy Valley - 3rd and final season of a truly amazing cop show

Blue Lights - cops in Belfast dealing with gangs and just unfortunate types. As with everything there, "the troubles" are always part of the background.

Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland - Not just another bloody documentary about "the troubles" - intimate and intense interviews with several of the soldiers, the freedom fighters, the prisoner's, the victims and their families... makes you damn thankful we are privileged to live in a country where we all git along.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Haven't been to a movie since 1979 and I rarely watch them on TV. We're British TV aficionados so, here's my list of faves from '23.

The Bear (season 2) - nope, it ain't British but sometimes exceptions are worth making

Blue Lights - cops in Belfast dealing with gangs and just unfortunate types. As with everything there, "the troubles" are always part of the background.

Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland - Not just another bloody documentary about "the troubles" - intimate and intense interviews with several of the soldiers, the freedom fighters, the prisoner's, the victims and their families... makes you damn thankful we are privileged to live in a country where we all git along.

Good call on Happy Valley. I finished season 1 and thought it was really good so I am just starting into season 2. Main actress does a great job in this series.

Reactions: macmaroon and imec

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018

If you haven't already you need to check out Shetland. Since the expanded to 6 episode series in Season 3 it's always good.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Boy that Christmas episode of The Bear...woooo!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If you haven't already you need to check out Shetland. Since the expanded to 6 episode series in Season 3 it's always good.

Shetland is great. Love those UK crime series also showing the incredible landscape. It's a bit older but Wycliffe is another one. There are very good Scandinavian ones, too.

Reactions: imec

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Watched what probably was the worst movie I've seen in a decade (that's 10 years for some of you) called Leave the World Behind, what a POS movie, should be called Leave this movie behind, then I see Obama's were involved in it which speaks volumes!

0/10 is being generous!
After 30 mins I had to shut it off ... what garbage.
It's called Predictive Programing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad