TV for Utah Hockey Club ‘24-‘25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I’ve seen in media that Utah TV 16 will carry every game this season. I think, based on Utah TV 16’s website, that this is a Scripps channel. Does anyone know if Scripps 61 in Phoenix will carry the games?

Reactions: Mangosteen

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I’ve seen in media that Utah TV 16 will carry every game this season. I think, based on Utah TV 16’s website, that this is a Scripps channel. Does anyone know if Scripps 61 in Phoenix will carry the games?
And can it be watched internationally

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It was said in the early days of the relocation that the Utah broadcast would be carried OTA in the AZ market just as Coyotes games were last season. Then later there were rumors/rumblings that we might actually be considered a Vegas market for OTA. Now, there’s been silence for some time on the subject and I’m just not sure.

We should no longer be subject to local blackout, so if nothing else, we should be able purchase Center Ice and get not only all the Utah games but all the other NHL games and NHL Network (I think).

I’d be very happy if the team had their own streaming service that was more affordable than NHL CI, though. Since I really just want UTHC games. The Coyotes streaming service was pretty rough, as I recall. No spoiler-free DVR, no rewind, pause, or fast forward. Or something like that. Some hiccups that prevented me from purchasing.

For my money, the Bally App was the best Yotes broadcast experience I’ve ever had. I loved that thing. It was perfectly suited for my needs, always reliable, and very reasonably priced. I’d love to see something like that come out for UTHC.

OTA is nice because it’s free but it’s really unreliable. I’m cool with it for a rebuilding team. But if they were in do-or-die games down the stretch with major playoff implications, it wouldn’t be an option for me. I missed too many games unexpectedly due to errors.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
It was said in the early days of the relocation that the Utah broadcast would be carried OTA in the AZ market just as Coyotes games were last season. Then later there were rumors/rumblings that we might actually be considered a Vegas market for OTA. Now, there’s been silence for some time on the subject and I’m just not sure.

We should no longer be subject to local blackout, so if nothing else, we should be able purchase Center Ice and get not only all the Utah games but all the other NHL games and NHL Network (I think).

I’d be very happy if the team had their own streaming service that was more affordable than NHL CI, though. Since I really just want UTHC games. The Coyotes streaming service was pretty rough, as I recall. No spoiler-free DVR, no rewind, pause, or fast forward. Or something like that. Some hiccups that prevented me from purchasing.

For my money, the Bally App was the best Yotes broadcast experience I’ve ever had. I loved that thing. It was perfectly suited for my needs, always reliable, and very reasonably priced. I’d love to see something like that come out for UTHC.

OTA is nice because it’s free but it’s really unreliable. I’m cool with it for a rebuilding team. But if they were in do-or-die games down the stretch with major playoff implications, it wouldn’t be an option for me. I missed too many games unexpectedly due to errors.

I'd be concerned about NHL CI blackouts. Living in Utah, Arizona was never supposed to be blacked out but always was.

In northern UT, both the Avs and VGK have been blacked out. I wonder how all these blackouts will be affected now.

FWIW, the VGK streaming app worked well enough and was a great deal at $72 for around 70 games. I understood that it was associated with Scripps. I’d be overjoyed if UHC could come up with something like that.

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
In northern UT, both the Avs and VGK have been blacked out. I wonder how all these blackouts will be affected now.

FWIW, the VGK streaming app worked well enough and was a great deal at $72 for around 70 games. I understood that it was associated with Scripps. I’d be overjoyed if UHC could come up with something like that.
Just over $1 a game is very good value.

samandbigboy

Feb 20, 2019
D.C.
please post whatever updates that you guys might have as this is crucial for out of towners who follow this franchise. last season i used espn+, prior seasons i had NHL center ice. i didn't even know about the Bally's stream. Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: Puckrobber and rt

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

VGK was with Scripps, iirc so, I would think they will no longer have the same blackout restrictions and the Utah hockey club will take on those restrictions. Av's are Balley, those restrictions most likely will not change. My best semi educated guesses, for what they are worth.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I’ve read that Scripps will provide a streaming service with details “to be announced soon”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad