Value of: Turcotte vs Holtz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I would actually do this deal and move Turcotte or Mercer to the wing.
Mercer is having a good rookie season and I like what I’ve seen thus far from the Newfoundland and labrador kid but I believe Dawson is way more effective as a RW then as a C but it doesn’t hurt if Mercer can center in the NHL just makes Mercer more versatile, which coaches like a lot.

Neither team moves Turcotte or Holtz would be bad asset management and is just not good business when neither player hasn’t had a chance to prove their worth in the NHL.

Holtz had what 6 NHL games, that’s not enough to go off of.

Reactions: kinghock

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hughes
Hischier

how the hell NJ need another center
People are forgetting Mercer . Saying he is going to be better than Nico is not that much of a reach. Like it’s been said , Devils need a shoot first goal scoring forward . Like umm Holtz !? Devils need 2 more of him or a big bodied skilled winger .

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I like Holtz better but if the Devils were to consider this the GM would definitely have Hughes in his ear pushing for it

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
I like Jaromir Pytlik or Samu Salminen as NJ's 3C options later down the road, Boqvist is still fighting for that spot as well.

if need be Mercer can play it for us. But Id prefer him on the wing forechecking with a Nico/Jack

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Devils have the exact same problem, too many pass first guys adding another for the only real shoot first guy doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Devils have the exact same problem, too many pass first guys adding another for the only real shoot first guy doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Who would you actually target to trade for one of your centers?
Just out of interest because we have the same problem

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
On paper it seems like the devils need wings just as bad. Maybe a few better matches need wise would be like one of the following

Caufield - MTL
Boldy - MINN
Zadina - DET

Probably a few others I’m leaving out here

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Why would you want a sure No? I don't mind stirring things up with the Devils given the issues. I'm up for a chemistry trade at this point. Lets get weird.
i wanted clarke over l.hughes. i am obviously aware that zacha falls short to acquire him. he would be just at the top of my wish list from the kings.

Reactions: Forge

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
the devils board has some big fans of brock faber as well. :dunno:

I think he's quite popular with kings fans too.

Not sure how he is valued and whether Zacha is much of an upgrade on the spare forward parts that we have already.

I dont think that id want to move our prospects for zacha, especially if we dont know what his contract will look like.

If we could swap out Athanasou or Arvidson or a couple of other mid level guys in a 2 for 1 to help clear the logjam it would be worth discussing. (but NJ are probably in a similar boat of wanting youth to be the focus)

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
On paper it seems like the devils need wings just as bad. Maybe a few better matches need wise would be like one of the following

Caufield - MTL
Boldy - MINN
Zadina - DET

Probably a few others I’m leaving out here
Caufield for Luke Hughes ?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Caufield for Luke Hughes ?
As a Devils fan I say no to Caufield. Chemistry with J Hughes in the USNTDP has zero value in the NHL. I would not even want them on the same line, as both are small and light.

I would also say that L Hughes has a lot more trade value than Caufield.

The Devils could trade a LHD - from the NHL roster or the farm - to add a winger. But L Hughes would probably be the last one they would consider th move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad