Value of: Turcotte vs Holtz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I have them both ranked pretty similar. Depends what type of player you need. I'd probably take Holtz because the Ducks need shooters desperately but it could go either way.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Hey Devils guys,

Would you be open to exachange blue chip prospects?

The Kings need Wingers more than centers and Devils really need another center.
Thoughts?

Do they? I'm not a Devils fan, so correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have Hughes, Hischier and Mercer as their centers? All three of those guys are under 23, I'm not sure they need to get another highly rated center prospect.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Devils have three young centers (Hughes, Hischier and Mercer) while they can barely ice two decent top6 wingers. Holtz is exacly what Devils need going forward.

Yeah, I have no dog in this fight and I don't see why the Devils would be interested in moving Holtz for anything at this time. He's been dynamite in Utica games I've seen him in and was eye-catching in the lead up to the draft. Just keep him.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Devils desperately needs wingers, and Turcotte is another young center who isn’t proggressing as expected which Devils already have two of in Hischier and Hughes.

Kings look kinda weak on the wings tho tbh, so maybe they could look elsewhere.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils desperately needs wingers, and Turcotte is another young center who isn’t proggressing as expected which Devils already have two of in Hischier and Hughes.

Kings look kinda weak on the wings tho tbh, so maybe they could look elsewhere.
And Mercer who I think will eventually be the 2C over Nico . Unless they move Mercer to wing as they literally have one decent scoring winger in Bratt . Devils need scoring shoot first wingers in a massive way so no way can I see them move Holtz unless it’s for an already established scoring winger .

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild can offer players like Greenway on the low end and Fiala on the high end for top 6 C's or C prospects. Also have some nice LHD(Peart, ROR, Hunt) and LW(Beckman, who is close to NHL ready...next year for sure)prospects.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Hey Devils guys,

Thoughts?

As others have said we really don’t need centers at all. We need wingers that can score, which Holtz (hopefully) projects to be.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

While i still think he can be a great player and is far away from being a bust, i would like him to show a little bit more.
For any reason i don't understand, his development is going backwards.
He started with 8 goals in 26 games, then 6 and now he has 4.
I would like to give up Turcotte for someone with more potential or more proven.

Would Madden be of interest for Zadina?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
While i still think he can be a great player and is far away from being a bust, i would like him to show a little bit more.
For any reason i don't understand, his development is going backwards.
He started with 8 goals in 26 games, then 6 and now he has 4.
I would like to give up Turcotte for someone with more potential or more proven.

Would Madden be of interest for Zadina?

Just started a thread on it, but no, I don't think Madden would work for Zadina.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hey Devils guys,

Thoughts?
Wouldn't touch this if I'm NJ. Also, if Hughes is healthy, I think they are ok at C. Feel like they could use a sniper like Holtz rather than deal him.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I’m curious to know why everyone is
ass-suming Turcotte hasn’t developed? Have any of you done anything other than stat watch? People that have seen him regularly on TV or in person will tell you the kid is a game changer, a Mike Richards/Jonathan Toews type. The only guys out producing him in the AHL are AAAA type and the reigning AHL MVP. So again, WTF you guys talking about?

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I’m curious to know why everyone is
ass-suming Turcotte hasn’t developed? Have any of you done anything other than stat watch? People that have seen him regularly on TV or in person will tell you the kid is a game changer, a Mike Richards/Jonathan Toews type. The only guys out producing him in the AHL are AAAA type and the reigning AHL MVP. So again, WTF you guys talking about?
Guess some folks didn’t do their research or follow Alex Turcotte.

Turcotte came out of USNTDP 2019 draft and dealt with short covy season in 1 NCAA season and his 1st AHL season (20-21)and is in his 2nd AHL season 18 games this season thus far.

Los Angeles has many center prospects so if Alex doesn’t work out as a center he could easily move to the wing.

Turcotte has the playmaking and defensive responsibilities to be an NHL player but some folks don’t understand the reason why Turcotte is in the AHL.

Alex is just filling out his game while Los Angeles wasn’t expected to compete for the cup anyway this season. Blake will be making moves at the deadline and in the offseason and I fully expect Turcotte to compete for a NHL roster spot next season.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Hughes
Hischier

how the hell NJ need another center
New Jersey doesn’t need another center and is fine with Hughes, Hischier, Mercer and McLeod up the middle with Boqvist and Sharangovich as fill ins when injury occurs.

Holtz should keep on getting his development with Utica this season as it would be good for Holtz’s game to get adjusted to the North American game.

Holtz could be a late season recall option if injuries occur or when the Devils drop further out of the playoff race.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Guess some folks didn’t do their research or follow Alex Turcotte.

Turcotte came out of USNTDP 2019 draft and dealt with short covy season in 1 NCAA season and his 1st AHL season (20-21)and is in his 2nd AHL season 18 games this season thus far.

Los Angeles has many center prospects so if Alex doesn’t work out as a center he could easily move to the wing.

Turcotte has the playmaking and defensive responsibilities to be an NHL player but some folks don’t understand the reason why Turcotte is in the AHL.

Alex is just filling out his game while Los Angeles wasn’t expected to compete for the cup anyway this season. Blake will be making moves at the deadline and in the offseason and I fully expect Turcotte to compete for a NHL roster spot next season.
Thank you! You’re a gentlemen and a scholar :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad