Value of: Turcotte + Kaliyev to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What would the Kings want for the two as a package.

I feel with Monahan out, Dach out until next season, Newhook seems good at wing.

Dvorak I think will be move in the offseason.

Turcotte seems like he could slot in nicely and develop into a #2-3 center if he progresses. I feel Kaliyev could thrive playing possibly in a top 6 role possibly with the Habs as well. Like his play style from what I’ve seen and also his name has been talked about being moved from the Kings.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I feel with Monahan out, Dach out until next season, Newhook seems good at wing.

Turcotte seems like he could slot in nicely and develop into a #2-3 center if he progresses. I feel Kaliyev could thrive playing possibly in a top 6 role possibly with the Habs as well. Like his play style from what I’ve seen and also his name has been talked about being moved from the Kings.
They could just trade you PLD instead...

and then Montreal can finally get PLD like they said they were for ever.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
They could just trade you PLD instead...

and then Montreal can finally get PLD like they said they were for ever.
Never been a fan of his to be honest going back to his Q days.

At his age wanting out from two teams, though yes Montreal is home. I just wouldn’t trust the guy when things go bad a for a bit.

Plus he’s always been the type he’ll be a force to play against for weeks to months at a time then follow up that by no showing as well.

I personally don’t feel he would fit Montreal’s locker room seems like a me first guy.

Ps. Ever since that game when he wanted out of Columbus and that 10% effort on the forecheck just to show he wanted out. Never sat well with me. Though my opinion doesn’t matter but that heartless stuff never leaves a player.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Here's a good one that the Kings would like....not.
It's really bad.

A significant trade buzz is surrounding the Los Angeles Kings and the Montreal Canadiens. NHL rumors hint at a potential trade that could reshape the strategies of both teams.

The proposed trade involves the Los Angeles Kings trading goalie David Rittich, a 2025 second-round draft pick, and a 2026 fourth-round draft pick to the Montreal Canadiens for goalie Jake Allen.

Remember don't shoot the messenger just have a good laugh with him.
How can any sports writer put up this crap?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Here's a good one that the Kings would like....not.
It's really bad.

A significant trade buzz is surrounding the Los Angeles Kings and the Montreal Canadiens. NHL rumors hint at a potential trade that could reshape the strategies of both teams.

The proposed trade involves the Los Angeles Kings trading goalie David Rittich, a 2025 second-round draft pick, and a 2026 fourth-round draft pick to the Montreal Canadiens for goalie Jake Allen.

Remember don't shoot the messenger just have a good laugh with him.
How can any sports writer put up this crap?
Sounds like nobodies throwing shit at the wall.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

LA has no reason to trade these players to Montreal for not needed pieces.
Montreal fans have no interest in fair hockey trades.
Fowler, Hutson and Roy are not available from Montreal means Kaliev and Turcotte are not available from LA.

P.S. Please keep your 3 mediocre goalies on your team.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Fowler, Hutson and Roy are not available from Montreal means Kaliev and Turcotte are not available from LA.

And this is all it took to get it started. Always one in the crowd.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Literally everyone who answered has not listed a potential asking price. I’m asking what would it take. I didn’t mention anything about our “3 mediocre goalies”. Why we tearing down players who weren’t mentioned.

Just asked what the cost could look like. Every response is no won’t be done. It’s either you can’t gauge the value and just say it won’t be done, or you throw out an asking price. It’s not hard.

It’s hypothetical, what would be the asking price?

Reactions: Anardil

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Have to imagine Turcotte's not going anywhere especially now with Lizotte on probably LTIR, but I guess they might like JAD at C or whatever

Literally everyone who answered has not listed a potential asking price. I’m asking what would it take. I didn’t mention anything about our “3 mediocre goalies”. Why we tearing down players who weren’t mentioned.

Just asked what the cost could look like. Every response is no won’t be done. It’s either you can’t gauge the value and just say it won’t be done, or you throw out an asking price. It’s not hard.

I honestly have a hard time even finding a trade. Even looking beyond what I'D like, the Kings were rumored to be moving Kaliyev for toughness, and all the half-jokes from the last thread (it's blake so expect kaliyev for pezzeta) may no longer apply. MTL's possible vet targets have rough contracts, and neither team has any need to move cost controlled youth, so yes, it IS kind of hard. I'm not being a dick, just trying to be reasonable.

There has been smoke around Kings and Allen all year I suppose but that's a whole lot of meh, another half-measure for LA. I can't see a reasonable/fair trade that helps LA.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Have to imagine Turcotte's not going anywhere especially now with Lizotte on probably LTIR, but I guess they might like JAD at C or whatever

I honestly have a hard time even finding a trade. Even looking beyond what I'D like, the Kings were rumored to be moving Kaliyev for toughness, and all the half-jokes from the last thread (it's blake so expect kaliyev for pezzeta) may no longer apply. MTL's possible vet targets have rough contracts, and neither team has any need to move cost controlled youth, so yes, it IS kind of hard. I'm not being a dick, just trying to be reasonable.

There has been smoke around Kings and Allen all year I suppose but that's a whole lot of meh, another half-measure for LA.
I didn’t mean it’s not hard as pulling off the trade is hard.

I just meant to get a response like yours with some actual insight. Just often times just no input I was just asking price. Instead of not happening or will never happen. Just nice to get an idea what it could look like.

You provided insight into so at least thank you there.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn’t mean it’s not hard as pulling off the trade is hard.

I just meant to get a response like yours with some actual insight. Just often times just no input I was just asking price. Instead of not happening or will never happen. Just nice to get an idea what it could look like.

You provided insight into so at least thank you there.

If it helps--I would suppose the Kings needs are toughness that can play, high-end consistent goaltending, and maybe LHD prospects

Kaliyev might have a little more time with new coaching but I truly can't see Turcotte going anywhere since his value to the Kings would be higher than elsewhere, and he's oneof the only cost-controlled forwards we'll have left in the org that is now plagued with high earners.

Reactions: BigHabs

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

The asking price would be something which Montreal fans will not like.
Turcotte is not for trade and you can have Kaliev for Fowler or Roy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Turcotte was best to try and trade for before the season started. Possible price would have been something like a 2nd and a third or fourth.

Kaliyev is more difficult to gauge. If Montreal had some 'man meat toughness' for the 3rd/4th line, or a goaltending prospect, or a LHD prospect we could have a basis for a trade.

Now though? Turcotte stock went up after the last two games. Kings depth got depleted with Lizotte possibly being on LTIR. We have some new coaching coming in so maybe they start to use players to more strength.

Difficult one.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal

Well look at that the fan asking for some of Mtl’s top prospects for players that have been disappointing. That is not a fair trade.

But for a fair trade MTL has Jordan Harris or Jayden Struble that can be added to second round pick(s) and or Jesse Yloven/Sean Farrel. Not sure if La needs left D though.

PS. Hockey DB won’t give you the right picture of these 2 Ds that play a pretty complete game and have a potential to become top 4 Ds

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Due to their cap constraints with Arvidsson likely cleared in a couple weeks, the Kings cannot afford to move any ELC forwards or accept any trades for a goalie that increase their cap.

They are actually in a very tough spot at the moment, and could be forced to send some of the kids that have been their better performers of late back to the AHL for cap reasons.

If they do move Kaliyev, it would be better to acquire a pick or a player that won't be on their cap for a year or two.

Plus, after moving five recent firsts in the last two years, the Kings "rebuild" doesn't have any forward other than Turcotte to bring up. All others would be a reach.

There is no really clean way out of their mess. They could put Lizotte on LTIR and deal their only really physical forechecker in Grundstrom to make a bit of space, but it would hurt. Turcotte is likely recalled by the time their season resumes and they don't really have any options.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Barron + Mesar + 2024 2nd

lol at Dvorak getting moved. Who are you attaching to dump that contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad