GDT: TUF Latin America 3 Finale: Dos Anjos vs. Ferguson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
220px-TUF_LA_3_Finale.jpg

Date: November 5, 2016
Venue: Arena Ciudad de México
City: Mexico City, Mexico
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Lightweight bout: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson
Lightweight bout: Martín Bravo vs. Claudio Puelles (TUF final)
Lightweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Marcin Held
Featherweight bout: Ricardo Lamas vs. Charles Oliveira
Lightweight bout: Beneil Dariush vs. Rashid Magomedov
Women's Strawweight bout: Alexa Grasso vs. Heather Jo Clark

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Érik Pérez vs. Felipe Arantes
Bantamweight bout: Marco Beltrán vs. TBA
Welterweight bout: Erick Montaño vs. Max Griffin
Bantamweight bout: Henry Briones vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Middleweight bout: Sam Alvey vs. Alex Nicholson
Lightweight bout: Marco Polo Reyes vs. Jason Novelli
Featherweight bout: Enrique Barzola vs. Chris Avila

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like this main card. Great main event and a few other good fights as well.

Anyone watch TUF and know if either one of these guys are good?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like this main card. Great main event and a few other good fights as well.

Anyone watch TUF and know if either one of these guys are good?

I haven't watched TUF, but I agree this card is good. That main event will be awesome.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
First UFC event in like a month? I'm actually looking forward to this one, like how it used to be when there was one or maybe two events a month.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
First UFC event in like a month? I'm actually looking forward to this one, like how it used to be when there was one or maybe two events a month.

Agreed. 2 shows a month is perfect, and luckily it sounds like new management agrees and it's trending in that direction.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Agreed. 2 shows a month is perfect, and luckily it sounds like new management agrees and it's trending in that direction.

Yep, one PPV and one "free" card a month is perfect. All these extra cards in random locales can't be all that profitable anyway and it seems like the regime isn't as gung ho on "building the brand" in these areas.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Wasn't going to click on the thread. Glad I did, should be an entertaining main card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yep, one PPV and one "free" card a month is perfect. All these extra cards in random locales can't be all that profitable anyway and it seems like the regime isn't as gung ho on "building the brand" in these areas.

If some of the rumors are true, it might not even be one PPV per month. My suggestion all along has been one free show a month, then one 'bigger' show per month.. 8 PPVs, 4 Fox shows. Can only hope we get somewhere close to that, maybe a few extra cards throughout the year to get close to 30 events total. (TUF finales, Fight week, etc)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I agree, two shows a month is the way to go. That gets you up to 24 and then maybe add in a handful of special cards if they do one of those fight weeks.

I don't mind one PPV per month. They do 13 PPVs now so going one lower isn't much of a change but cutting out the smaller events will just make the PPVs that much better.

There's five events this month and three of those only have a couple of good fights between them. They could have built one great free card and shifted a good fight or two over to next month's awful looking Toronto PPV card. Stacking up the NY card hurts Toronto as well but even with that, they still could have put on a very good PPV next month. Instead, they're going to Mexico, Ireland, Brazil, and Australia in the same month.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
"Less is more" should be the UFC's gameplan in 2017. Cut out all the crap events with one or two decent fights and start loading up the PPV events again and watch the numbers increase. The UFC's bread and butter is, and likely always will be, PPV buys. New York is going to be HUGE for the UFC, I wouldnt be surprised to see 3 or 4 events there next year.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
"Less is more" should be the UFC's gameplan in 2017. Cut out all the crap events with one or two decent fights and start loading up the PPV events again and watch the numbers increase. The UFC's bread and butter is, and likely always will be, PPV buys. New York is going to be HUGE for the UFC, I wouldnt be surprised to see 3 or 4 events there next year.

Too many fighters currently on the roster to hold back I think. Isn't there another card in NY this year with Lewis headlining? Kind of odd.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oliveira weighs in 10 lbs over but Lamas is still going to take the fight.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Did he came one in over weight last fight, too?

It was two fights ago against Myles Jury. This is his 4th time out of his last 10 fights where he's failed to make weight, the last two being significantly over, so might be time for him to look at moving up in weight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It was two fights ago against Myles Jury. This is his 4th time out of his last 10 fights where he's failed to make weight, the last two being significantly over, so might be time for him to look at moving up in weight.

I believe it's the 5th time overall now. He also pulled out of that Lentz fight when he got sick after missing weight. He should probably move back up.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

Thanks.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Too many fighters currently on the roster to hold back I think. Isn't there another card in NY this year with Lewis headlining? Kind of odd.

The plan is "less is more".. it's just going to take a bit of time. They still owe a ton of cards to Fox on their deal, but the plan is for them to sell less shows under the new deal. Better shows, but less.

And yeah, they want to run through the contracts of the fighters as well. I think you'll see many guys that were released in the past being allowed to fight out their contracts and then be let go. The roster is showing 628 guys now and I think they will want to get more in the 400 range.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know if Avila is bad or just not UFC ready but either way, he probably shouldn't be in the UFC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad