Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

OTA: mainly leverage to get carriage with cable/satellite firms. who'd have thunk?

I've been a YouTube TV subscriber for 2-3 years now (was with DirecTV for ~20 years previously, and not going back). fully resigned to not having the Hawks being carried by YTTV (like Marquee). fortunately, OTA works for me (but no DVR, ugh), but I fully get that it doesn't for a lot of fans. ownership doesn't give a shit
Was like you being with DTV for 20+ years, and also can't justify going back. The NHL's inability to provide a realistic streaming option is criminal IMO. It's almost like the league is directly invested in the legacy system that is dying as we watch.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

OTA: mainly leverage to get carriage with cable/satellite firms. who'd have thunk?

I've been a YouTube TV subscriber for 2-3 years now (was with DirecTV for ~20 years previously, and not going back). fully resigned to not having the Hawks being carried by YTTV (like Marquee). fortunately, OTA works for me (but no DVR, ugh), but I fully get that it doesn't for a lot of fans. ownership doesn't give a shit
@bwana63 There are antenna/DVR combos that are reasonably priced

Based on what has happened in other markets I expect CHSN will strike a deal with Fubo but not YouTubeTV. Xfinity will be a hard negotiation and Astound/RCN :dunno:
Getting an agreement with DirecTV was huge for CHSN as they cover the biggest footprint.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
@bwana63 There are antenna/DVR combos that are reasonably priced

Based on what has happened in other markets I expect CHSN will strike a deal with Fubo but not YouTubeTV. Xfinity will be a hard negotiation and Astound/RCN :dunno:
Getting an agreement with DirecTV was huge for CHSN as they cover the biggest footprint.
You have some kind of data to back this up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad