Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Is there any other AHL team with not only this amount of promising young players but mixed in with this amount of solid vets?

Goaltending feels like the most questionable position on paper.
Villalta isnt bad(.911 sv%), he was a work horse last season. Led the league in games played, wins and was a AHL Allstar. I haven't seen alot of Stauber yet.
I'm looking foward to see how Hrbal, Thelin and Musser develop.
But to your point, if Ingram or Veggie goes down, things may get dicey. GMBA seems to want to add a young goalie for the future.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Meruelo is building a 10K seat arena on his GSR property here in Reno. Starts construction next spring with an open for 2027. Feel bad for the RR fans in Tucson (I saw a game there last year) but I'd guess the plans are in place.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Meruelo is building a 10K seat arena on his GSR property here in Reno. Starts construction next spring with an open for 2027. Feel bad for the RR fans in Tucson (I saw a game there last year) but I'd guess the plans are in place.

We know.

He might have trouble getting an affiliation though. Vibe I get is he's NOT very well liked by the rest of the NHL owners, and Utah isn't going to stick with him even if Reno is closer to SLC.

Ryan Smith has a minor league team he could retool and apply to the AHL within that time. He already pays all of Tucson's hockey staff and most of the top players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad