TSN: 58% of Canadians are not watching/paying attention to the Stanley Cup Finals.

cantthinkofone

Mar 10, 2017
I'm an oilers fan and I have never watched another Canadian team in the finals. If a Canadian team made it id be to busy enjoying the good weather to care about watching them

Reactions: Lilou

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
I remember the thread discussing the drop in French Canadiens playing hockey. It seems to show a waning interest in hockey participation in that region that might be tied into this thread discussion.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
All I've seen is two great teams going balls to the wall and playing some great hockey. I guess they don't know what they're missing.

The only time all of Canada was on board for a Canadian team in the finals was 2004 with the Flames because it had been 11 years since Canadian team won the cup. It was kinda there for 2006 as well though not as much. By 2007 with the Sens, the novelty had really worn off.

Cheering just for a Canadian team has hardly ever been a thing for Canadians and been about as common as typical bandwagon jumping for American teams for casual fans.
Olympics don't count?

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
All I've seen is two great teams going balls to the wall and playing some great hockey. I guess they don't know what they're missing.

Olympics don't count?
Olympics isn’t the nhl playoffs and that really the only time it’s a gurenteed were all united.

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
Yes if my team isn’t in it and it’s June I pay attention to other summer sports
But now it’s game 7 I’m watching
As an Oiler fan I agree... The biggest factor in this to me is the time they are playing. I love watching hockey, even if my team isn't playing, during a cold, winter night. But Its almost July. I am not going to think about or plan to watch a game with teams I could care less about when I have so many other things I can be doing. If I just happen to be home watching TV, I will tune in though. They should start the season one month earlier and ending one month earlier.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Every restaurant and bar in Montréal was playing the game and was full.

Everyone is cheering for you Edmonton. I've never seen anything like this in Montreal for another team.

There were chants of Ole Ole Ole everywhere. It's incredible. This is truly a Canadian where were you moment, everyone will remember forever.

BELIEVE!

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Every restaurant and bar in Montréal was playing the game and was full.

Everyone is cheering for you Edmonton. I've never seen anything like this in Montreal for another team.

There were chants of Ole Ole Ole everywhere. It's incredible. This is truly a Canadian where were you moment, everyone will remember forever.

BELIEVE!
As an Edmontonian in Montreal, believe me when I say, we cheered for you to beat Calgary both times, and cheered for you to deny Gretzky his cup outside of Edmonton.

Montreal became my 2nd favorite team, and even named my daughter after my favorite Hab.
(Her middle name is Fleur).

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have no interest in it. Not watching, get scores next morning
So much for Edmonton being " Canada's team", I guess the Boston Pizza commercials didnt work

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
All I can say for myself is thank you to the oilers and panthers teams for keeping the season alive, I am using it as my excuse to not do any outdoor work around the house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad