TSN: 58% of Canadians are not watching/paying attention to the Stanley Cup Finals.

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
You also have to remember that alot of fans are not watching out of stress/fear bc they don't want to see Edmonton winning a cup
This is a real thing lol.

They just scoreboard watch

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
You might be getting your wish after all.
Yessir , praise McJesus

You also have to remember that alot of fans are not watching out of stress/fear bc they don't want to see Edmonton winning a cup

I don't wanna see edmonton win but there's no way i was missing the McDavid show

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Demographic shift in Canada. Soon there will be more cricket players in the country than hockey players.

Or maybe they don't care after their own teams were eliminated.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Was any context to these numbers provided in these 12 pages?

How does 42% compare to previous years?

Did 42% of Americans pay attention to the NBA finals?

Do 42% of Britons pay attention to the World Cup?

I don't know the answers to any of these, but I'm not sure they do. 42% seems really high to me.

...but the way a headline is worded gives people some weird new reason to dislike foreigners, so lets run with it

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm sure more are tuning in now.

This final might be good news for exposure to new fans in the states. Best player in the game doing great things and it doesn't really compete with anything. No basketball, as the final is done. No football as it doesn't start for another month (?) And there's just baseball where the games are just regular season games.

If this goes 7 could be record viewership for fans in the states and possibly Canada.

I'm sure the NHL would have preferred the Rangers, or Bruins, but it's still should be a great finals for the NHL in terms of revenue and viewership.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Yessir , praise McJesus

I don't wanna see edmonton win but there's no way i was missing the McDavid show

that assist last night....

Chef Kiss GIFs | Tenor

• Love
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
42% of a country is pretty freaking high.

The NFL is hands down the most popular sports league in North America and obviously in the US it's no.1, way above the NBA or MLB let alone the NHL.

The Superbowl is still only watched by about 35% of the US population.

The NBA Finals peak ratings for the Celtics-Mavs series was just over 13 million people, so 3% of the US population was watching.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
This entire thread is just a classic clusterf*** of people misunderstanding and misrepresenting simple data. Par for the course.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

Canucks fans biggest fear, another team wins a cup while they remain cupless.

Do they actually want Florida to win?

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Cant speak for all of Canada but here in Van, almost everyone i know through the hockey community ( beer league, coaching, friends etc) are not watching the games at all. They might tune in to Sportcentre at the end of the night to see the score and highlights but thats about it. Summer weather is here with plenty of things to do and its hard to convince people to watch a game that their team is not playing in.

Tbf. There are not that many hockey fans in Vancouver.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Or in other words, almost half of all Canadians are paying at least moderate attention?

But yeh, frame it as a pejorative, that makes sense.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
The % is gonna increase every year with the massive immigration in Canada. It's no secret that most of them don't care about hockey at all. And there are a LOT of them arriving every year. Most ppl don't realize what Canada is doing to its demographics.

• Haha
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad