Value of: Troy Terry to PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Why would either Pitt or Anaheim do this?

I assume Anaheim is 50/50 on resigning Terry to a big deal given his age and their core moving forward's age.

Wouldn't solving the D and G and 3rd line be more important than swinging for a guy of Terry's caliber?

Not in my opinion. The D isn't a huge issue for PIT and could be easily solved in UFA or via a small add.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Debrincat's rights got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Happy to duplicate that.
Lol that 1st was the 7th overall, and the 2nd was the 39th overall. Pittsburg has what, the 14th and no 2nd so we would have to wait until next year for the 2nd.

Not to mention Chicago was tearing it down, while the Ducks should be coming out of the rebuild in the next year or 2. No reason to trade Terry.

Also side not, but Terry is better. DeBrincat had his best years where he was always the 2nd best player on the line. Terry has been the best forward on the Ducks (a much worse team) and put up similar stats the last 2 years.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Why would the Ducks trade either Zegras or Terry? I genuinely can't think of a situation where it would happen, especially if they get Bedard.

I do not think they trade Zegras, but I also think they could potentially move Terry as they are nowhere close to contention and by the time they are close is cap hit is likely not a positive thing for them.

Lol that 1st was the 7th overall, and the 2nd was the 39th overall. Pittsburg has what, the 14th and no 2nd so we would have to wait until next year for the 2nd.

Not to mention Chicago was tearing it down, while the Ducks should be coming out of the rebuild in the next year or 2. No reason to trade Terry.

Also side not, but Terry is better. DeBrincat had his best years where he was always the 2nd best player on the line. Terry has been the best forward on the Ducks (a much worse team) and put up similar stats the last 2 years.

Hm. I guess that is where we disagree. But fair points all around.

I don't think Terry is a player Anaheim should invest a ton into at his age curve in comparison with their likely window.

I know some Ducks fans feel they should keep Gibson too.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I do not think they trade Zegras, but I also think they could potentially move Terry as they are nowhere close to contention and by the time they are close is cap hit is likely not a positive thing for them.

Hm. I guess that is where we disagree. But fair points all around.

I don't think Terry is a player Anaheim should invest a ton into at his age curve in comparison with their likely window.

I know some Ducks fans feel they should keep Gibson too.

You realize Terry is only 25 years old right? Who cares if the Ducks are not contending in the first 2-3 years of his contract? He will be a huge piece when the Ducks come out of their rebuild in a few years, and still will only be like 28.

They should keep Gibson. But thats for a different reason. They would never get a return that would make it worth trading him, similar to Fowler.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad