Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
ah that sucks hes not coming here...wouldve been done by now

theoretically we need another dman and he seems like a good fit and the only one left on the market

Last edited:

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
Seems like the Rangers wanted to do this to free up cap space.. which is so longer a pressing issue since about 12:15 lol I'd be a little annoyed if I was a Rangers fan but Trouba was just playing his cards.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Seems like the Rangers wanted to do this to free up cap space.. which is so longer a pressing issue since about 12:15 lol I'd be a little annoyed if I was a Rangers fan but Trouba was just playing his cards.

It looks like it’s going to be a not so great year in Detroit unless some kids overachieve.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
If we are going to salvage this off season because free agency hasn't. Trades must be in the works, It is interesting they have Husso, Lyon, and Talbot. I expect Husso or Lyon to get moved. Maybe Gibson, with your back up as Talbot. A lot of the signings today in FA were long term contracts and over paid.

Reactions: David D

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Per Steve Yzerman, it is difficult to move salary these days. Given his salary, I'm thinking the Rangers send Trouba and 1st in either 2025 or 2026 for Future Considerations. Right Steve? Right?

Reactions: ShelbyZ

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I’m a little confused on this. I thought the whole point of working on trade to Detroit is because he was from here and they thought he was willing to come here. How awful woukd Drury have to be to trade him to a place he knew he wouldn’t want to go to?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wouldn't mind Ray and Mo refusing to sign any contract that dosent take them directly to free agency

That would leave a lot of cap space!
If we are going to salvage this off season because free agency hasn't. Trades must be in the works, It is interesting they have Husso, Lyon, and Talbot. I expect Husso or Lyon to get moved. Maybe Gibson, with your back up as Talbot. A lot of the signings today in FA were long term contracts and over paid.

It's almost obvious, there will be trades, because the current roster is so off-balanced.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
This trade will happen, it's just matter of time. Most of the teams have gone on spending spree, they don't have the cap space nor spots. Cali teams are far away and no way Trouba is going to AHL. It's understandble that he needs time to set family things in order.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This trade will happen, it's just matter of time. Most of the teams have gone on spending spree, they don't have the cap space nor spots. Cali teams are far away and no way Trouba is going to AHL. It's understandble that he needs time to set family things in order.
This is true.

Until then, I am going to close this up since there really isn’t any news. We can revisit this if something breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad