Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
the sheer number of Octopuses I had to ritually sacrifice to even join this forum is intimidating to think about

I mean nobody ever asked me to do that but some things are just implied
Honestly my octopus ritual sacrifices still make me sick. They're so intelligent. The last ones understood; they were resigned to their fate. That made it so much harder. I saw something almost human in them. By then, I was committed.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
False. Being director or chair of a department at an academic hospital actually means you usually make less than your counterparts in the community. internal mediicne subspecs with a lot of procedures - like interventional cards, GI, nephro ( if you do dialysis), all make over 1M easily , if that’s what they want to do.

Every time I see your profile picture I think I'm the one who made the comment then I start reading and I'm like when did I write this?

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
72e72167-5ae4-42d0-9747-2de6ccccd4c5_text.gif

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
"Comfortable"

Lol
If that’s just “comfortable,” I’m experiencing something on the order of Chinese water torture.

Every time I see your profile picture I think I'm the one who made the comment then I start reading and I'm like when did I write this?
Well I only just now realized you guys are two different posters. Always just assumed you were one schizophrenic.

Last edited:

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
If that’s just “comfortable,” I’m experiencing something in the order of Chinese water torture.

Well I only just now realized you guys are two different posters. Always just assumed you were one schizophrenic.
Samesies

If that’s just “comfortable,” I’m experiencing something in the order of Chinese water torture.

I'm not crazy
And neither am I

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Trouba not wanting to accept a trade to Detroit is my only concern with the trade/waivers thing. He’s still got good hockey left in him but we don’t need another Leddy situation where he half asses it.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah trouba retained would be a big get for the wings. He played over 21 mins a night on a team where his pairing also played the hardest matchups and won the presidents trophy. Oh no, he didnt look amazing against Florida in theconference finals. He would take some serious pressure off of Seider and be by far the second best dman on the team.

He also brings some physical edge that will help draw some of these younger guys into the fight a little more

When Chiarot was paired with Weber in Montreal - Weber tended to keep things orderly in their own end while Chiarot was a rover (some of his best hockey)...I could see a similar style between Trouba and Chiarot.

Reactions: deca guard

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Trouba not wanting to accept a trade to Detroit is my only concern with the trade/waivers thing. He’s still got good hockey left in him but we don’t need another Leddy situation where he half asses it.

Yeah, if he genuinely disent wants to be traded anywhere we should have no part in these talks.. an unmotivated player is a distraction

If he was all for it but sorting life things out so be it.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

You have to think that if he refuses trade to Detroit and gets placed on waivers, Yzerman should be smart enough to not claim him at full price. You are clearing cap space by giving away picks tied to players that seem to have value, the worst thing you could do is then swallow the entire contract and waste the open space you created.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
You have to think that if he refuses trade to Detroit and gets placed on waivers, Yzerman should be smart enough to not claim him at full price. You are clearing cap space by giving away picks tied to players that seem to have value, the worst thing you could do is then swallow the entire contract and waste the open space you created.

If Trouba is on waivers I expect him to go somewhere like Utah, Minnesota, Winnipeg or another undesirable market. Then that team flips him at the TDL with retention.

Reactions: heyfolks

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Are you accounting for the fact Rangers need to spend cap on a center ? They have centers going to UFA; Roslovic (4m) and Wenneberg (4.5m). They need a center.

What term has he signed with TBL for? I missed that update!

Your Copp replacement got 7 years at $9 million AAV.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Look at these UFA prices and term and tell me why Trouba is a bad deal with 30% retention...
It's not. It's a definite upgrade.

But as we saw last night after signing kane to a perfect deal, everyone immediately went to trashing other things.

Yes he's regressing. But at 5.5 for 2 years it's a good deal.

Unless you'd rather pay a guy like tanev till he's 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay