Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Trouba is not a top4 dman anymore! This would be idiotic. f***in stop with these veteran stop gaps. Even as a filler for a couple of years. He is so often out of position which is basically the exact opposite of what Edvinsson needs as a partner.

Further, this is probably a bad sign on the Matt Roy front. I'd be all for signing him longterm. Reliable as can be.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Understood. I don't think that even once healthy he would be decent here. At this point in his career I think he's a third pairing guy who, even with retention, would be getting paid like a second pairing guy.

Hard pass.

As pointed out in my previous post, his partner was a chaotic partner. Miller’s best numbers came with possession d-men. So did Trouba’s. But together they were a shutdown pair for NYR. Despite the two not truly gelling Trouba’s season nearly as bad as people on this board claim

Jacob Trouba 2023-24 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

Mostly dzone deployment with a young defenseman learning the ropes. Only 3 games with -3 or greater. Which is better than most of Detroit’s D. And he can be reliably counted on for 20-30 points, 160+ hits and 160+ blocks. He could be great in a second pair role and reliably take some pressure off Mo.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Like Theodore a lot, but I don't know, if he is the one you want to log the big minutes with Mo. And I really doubt that he is the right partner for Edvinsson.
EVS
Ed - Mo
Theodore - Sandin-Pelikka
Johansson - X

PP1
Theodore

PP2
Sandin-Pelikka

In their primes, Ed and Mo can hit 30 mins during the playoffs. Theodore plays the Rafalski role on PP1 and Sandin-Pelikka plays the Kronner role on PP2. Any forwards who play with that second pairing and/or play on the power play are going to see their offensive numbers get a bump. For the record I don't think we are going to sign Theodore, his price will be far too high.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00