Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Getting San Jose to retain another 2.5m seems like something Stevie should seriously consider after the Walman trade.

Trouba is not a top4 dman anymore! This would be idiotic. f***in stop with these veteran stop gaps. Even as a filler for a couple of years. He is so often out of position which is basically the exact opposite of what Edvinsson needs as a partner.

Further, this is probably a bad sign on the Matt Roy front. I'd be all for signing him longterm. Reliable as can be.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Understood. I don't think that even once healthy he would be decent here. At this point in his career I think he's a third pairing guy who, even with retention, would be getting paid like a second pairing guy.

Hard pass.

As pointed out in my previous post, his partner was a chaotic partner. Miller’s best numbers came with possession d-men. So did Trouba’s. But together they were a shutdown pair for NYR. Despite the two not truly gelling Trouba’s season nearly as bad as people on this board claim

Jacob Trouba 2023-24 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

Mostly dzone deployment with a young defenseman learning the ropes. Only 3 games with -3 or greater. Which is better than most of Detroit’s D. And he can be reliably counted on for 20-30 points, 160+ hits and 160+ blocks. He could be great in a second pair role and reliably take some pressure off Mo.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Trouba is very bad. unless Holl also goes back the other way this would be terrible. Just go after Roy…

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
He just turned 30 not really 'old' but he is just a name IMO. I wouldn't want him unless we get a prospect and they retain 4-5M
would be max they can retain unless it's a 3 team deal then they can retain I believe up to 75% but the Coyotes are gone ...

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Like Theodore a lot, but I don't know, if he is the one you want to log the big minutes with Mo. And I really doubt that he is the right partner for Edvinsson.
EVS
Ed - Mo
Theodore - Sandin-Pelikka
Johansson - X

PP1
Theodore

PP2
Sandin-Pelikka

In their primes, Ed and Mo can hit 30 mins during the playoffs. Theodore plays the Rafalski role on PP1 and Sandin-Pelikka plays the Kronner role on PP2. Any forwards who play with that second pairing and/or play on the power play are going to see their offensive numbers get a bump. For the record I don't think we are going to sign Theodore, his price will be far too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad