Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
The people here wanting Trouba apparently don't watch him much. Despite being one of the dirtiest players in the league he is also becoming slow on the ice and has played like crap. Rangers fans will be estaic to get rid of him if this happens.

This would be an awful trade and just another shit move in an already shit offseason so far.
Shocker you say this ha after you said “Walkman” was our 2nd best defenseman the last 2 years after he was healthy scratched down the stretch this past season.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Id like Trouba here. Good partner for Ed, and he eats tough defensive minutes which would allow us to deploy Seider a little differently. I also like that Trouba is signed for just two more years, allowing us to either negotiate a smaller deal at that time or just walking away.
He doesn’t eat tough minutes anymore. He was in free fall this year in New York and played himself onto the third pairing and apparently off of a contender to a bubble team.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
If Trouba is coming with retention and Holl managed to go back in the deal, you’re basically looking at Trouba being here for a net of 2.5ish mil per year. That’s about what he’s worth at this point, but I’m using black math to make the deal seem better. It’s whatever.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
He doesn’t eat tough minutes anymore. He was in free fall this year in New York and played himself onto the third pairing and apparently off of a contender to a bubble team.
I would think Coming home and getting out of the cesspool known as NY would probably rejuvenate him… plus he’s only 30 not like 38… I think he can still be a solid Top 4 d-man

Reactions: KJoe88

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If Trouba is coming with retention and Holl managed to go back in the deal, you’re basically looking at Trouba being here for a net of 2.5ish mil per year. That’s about what he’s worth at this point, but I’m using black math to make the deal seem better. It’s whatever.
More like a second/Berggren with Holl still here is what I'm afraid of...

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
6 years ago I would've been like hell yeah.

To be fair he did play some minutes in NY, of course he would be behind Fox. Just like he would Seider here.

troo.png

troo2.png

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Shocker you say this ha after you said “Walkman” was our 2nd best defenseman the last 2 years after he was healthy scratched down the stretch this past season.
I bet you were one of those fools that were arguing that Justin Holl wasn't that bad in Toronto and that he would be fine in Detroit. It was autocorrect you Putz.

• Haha
Reactions: RedWingzz

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I would think Coming home and getting out of the cesspool known as NY would probably rejuvenate him… plus he’s only 30 not like 38… I think he can still be a solid Top 4 d-man
He hasn’t been great for a couple years. He’s slower than he was a couple years ago but still plays how he did when he was faster. It left him out of position a lot which is part of the reason he was pushed down the lineup. There’s a reason Ranger fans are elated their captain is being traded. Unless Detroit losses Holl and gets a sweetener, this trade would be an L.

6 years ago I would've been like hell yeah.

To be fair he did play some minutes in NY, of course he would be behind Fox. Just like he would Seider here.

View attachment 889248
View attachment 889250
If you look at the trend line of his minutes this year he started the season playing over 20 minutes most nights and by the end of it he was playing under 20 minutes a lot (except the games that went to OT, of course)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If you look at the trend line of his minutes this year he started the season playing over 20 minutes most nights and by the end of it he was playing under 20 minutes a lot (except the games that went to OT, of course)
Matt Roy who everyone seems to want to sign to a massive contract played below 20 minutes per game in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad