Trouba huge hit

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Funny when blokes say this, then when someone does the same to one of their stars, absolutely does the same as many on here saying it is a dirty hit from a dirty pos player.
Feel free to find that post by me. You’ll be looking for a while as it doesn’t exist.

What no one ever seems to be able to answer is that what you are advocating for is the ability to stick handle all the way up the ice with your head staring at your feet because they can’t get hit in the head.

Just brilliant stuff

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Trouba proved time and time again he's aiming for the head. In this specific case, Barron was not aware and didn't protect himself properly. However, we've seen this before, of he had moved his feet or head, the arm/elbow would have extended, because that's what Trouba does, he aims for the head and the intent is to create the most damage.

If you isolate the hit , it is maybe nothing, maybe 2 min. With context, I think there should be been multiple phone calls and should be another one today. In reality, the DoPS is a joke and will punish much less dangerous plays a lot harsher.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That chicken wing comes out every time without fail.
Chicken wing? Or shoulder?

IMG_8123.png

c6gOiP.gif

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
My 2 cents :

- A clean, legal hit according to the NHL rulebook

- A disgusting, gutless and vicious move according to any other human standards.

But since the NHL is trash : good hit! We were lucky enough to see a young man get concussed live on TV and there was blood and a fight as a bonus. What a good show!

Also, good thing that the NHL punished the only moral thing that happened in this sequence, which is to defend a rookie player getting attacked by a repeated offender. Lets keep this as immoral and indecent as possible please!

It sends a really great message to our kids! It's ok to attack vulnerable people! It's wrong to defend your younger friend against bullies! Violence is so cool! Concussions makes a good show!
In terms of delusional takes, I like this one the best. Where else can you get the brilliant combination of not knowing the rules with unearned moral superiority?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
In terms of delusional takes, I like this one the best. Where else can you get the brilliant combination of not knowing the rules with unearned moral superiority?

Oh wait. I said the hit was legal so I don't know the rules?

And because I believe we should protect the young players life and health as a priority over satisfying the fans greed for violence, you accuse me of moral superiority?

And I'm the one who's delusional?

Ok.

• Haha
Reactions: JPT and nbwingsfan

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Trouba proved time and time again he's aiming for the head. In this specific case, Barron was not aware and didn't protect himself properly. However, we've seen this before, of he had moved his feet or head, the arm/elbow would have extended, because that's what Trouba does, he aims for the head and the intent is to create the most damage.

If you isolate the hit , it is maybe nothing, maybe 2 min. With context, I think there should be been multiple phone calls and should be another one today. In reality, the DoPS is a joke and will punish much less dangerous plays a lot harsher.
“You didn’t do anything wrong in this case. But, since you have done bad things in the past, we’re going to treat you as if you did do something wrong this time...”

Seriously ??

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

And because I believe we should protect the young players life and health as a priority over satisfying the fans greed for violence, you accuse me of moral superiority?

Ok.
Collision sport. Heads up. Great body check. Barron got hurt because he had his head down. This was 100% caused by him. His head is up and he takes the hit fine.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
He has plenty of dirty hits and this is not one of them. Excellent hit.

The way officials handle the instigator is simply so inconsistent from game to game.

Yes there should be a fight after this hit and yes there should be an instigator (there was this time correct?). Other times the officials leave it 5v5...

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You can say this as many times in your head as you want and write that to try justifying it, it doesn't make it true or right.

At the end of the day, Trouba is responsible for laying a hit directly to the head.
Okay lets use your argument that Barron braked on purpose and turned and then Trouba just mows over him hitting him head first. That itself believe it or not, is a wrong hit. And would be even more wrong and targeted.

Some of the old school keyboard warriors just write shit to be internet tough guys.
you have lost that argument a long time ago. you can't seriously expect the hitter to predict the opposing players movements.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Ok.
You literally said hitting a rookie hard is “bullying” and that if a guy is skating directly at you with his head down he shouldn’t be eligible to be hit….

Yes I think delusional is the correct word

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Everything that's wrong with the NHL in one short clip.

1- Hit to the head in a meaningless game by a repeated offender, player is obviously concussed

2- Some "fans" blame the victim for lowering his head (you know that something's wrong in a culture when lowering your head is seen as worse than trying to kill someone)

3- Unsurprisingly, no penalty on the play

4- Matheson talks to Trouba

5- Trouba drops the gloves FIRST

6- A fight erupts

7- Matheson gets the instigator penalty and is thrown out of the game

What a joke.

“Something is wrong in a culture when lowering your head is seen as worse than trying to kill someone”.

I mean…is the melodrama of that statement not palpable to you? Are we talking about hockey or is this a debate on honor killings in the Middle East?

Anyways, by the book, pretty easy argument for the head being the primary point of contact. I’m not on board with the implication as to how the hit is so much worse because of the score (far as I’m concerned a hit in a 0-0 game at the NHL level is no more or less justified than in a 10-0 game), but I do think it could earn a suspension.

Call it “victim blaming” if you like (again, I think it’s fair to look at multiple angles considering we are talking sport and not about actual societal crime), but Barron needs to do better to protect himself there. He sees Trouba closing on him and yet does absolutely nothing to prepare for contact. The subsequent vulnerability ended up exposing him to the full brunt of the contact.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Too many pages to sort though but was this angle posted?

That’s a dirty hit.
This is a perfect view of why the hit ended up the way it did. Trouba is already crouched down to hit through the body. Barron is skating in more of an upright position carrying the puck into the zone. He realizes too late that he's going to get hit and looks like he attempts to slow down and cut to the middle changing his body position to more of a crouched position and dropping his body to a lower position putting his head into the path of contact. For those saying his body position didn't change right before the hit, look at where his numbers are compared to the top of the boards. They go from the bottom of the numbers being at the top of the boards to the tops of the numbers being below the top of the boards. In a slowed down video that happens of the course of 1-2 seconds, now imagine how fast it happened in real time. There was absolutely no way Trouba could have avoided head contact because Barron's body position changed so drastically in a very short time frame AFTER Trouba was already crouched and committed to the hit.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Ok.
He was wrong about your not knowing the rules...

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Shoulder through the guys skull.

HFboards: "Clean hit"

Amazing anyone thinks this should be in our game. Did Barron pull up to try to dodge the train? Yes. Did Troube still make contact directly with his head? Yes.

This isnt a fun video game hit anymore. This can ruin guys lives.
man runs head first into a tree. accuse the tree for targeting the head.

both players move and barron clearly lowers his head in the process. so head contact is caused by his movement.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Wait... so now you're playing the game of "if Barron moved in anyway, Trouba would have purposely extended his elbow or whatever to get a piece of Barron?" Well that didn't happen and the topic is clearly the hit shown, not some hit that didn't take place.

Reactions: Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad