Trouba huge hit

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
This is yet another flaming example of somebody who has never played hockey on ice. You just don’t get it. It’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed for you.

This is certainly my 2nd favorite argument on this board, right after the classic "you're not a real hockey".

I played hockey, but ok.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
As much as I want to hate on Trouba it was a clean hit and Barron was at fault for the outcome. When a guy such as Trouba is on the ice you have to show better awareness than Barron did. Trouba has made plenty of predatory hits. The one on Barron was not one of them. Hockey is fast and Trouba committed to making a hard clean hit. Not his fault that Barron decided to put his head at midget height.
I hate Trouba but Barron cut high and right into the hit.

Reactions: 1989 and nbwingsfan

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
whatever this killalot character's motivation, his is a mind that cannot be changed.

he literally goes through the 3 subsections to the quoted rule and interprets them each incorrectly.

The head, unfortunately, did become the principal point of contact. The evidence shows that in a split second, Barrons head lowers as his knees bend and he extends towards the puck. If he straightens his legs, or even simply doesn't continue to bend them and lower the height of his head, his chest is the principal point of contact.

There was absolutely no unnecessary upward extension. Was the play unnecessary in the context of the game state? Dubious argument. It's the NHL you don't stop playing.

Second, Barron indeed makes head contact unavoidable by leaning down. Slow mo makes it seem like there's an eon for Trouba to weigh his options, there's not.

The evidence is there. There's 2 dudes insisting against it.

Again: the head unfortunately was principal point of contact. But because that was due to Barron's movements, it changed what would have been a body contact hit. Legal.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
try more of this Hutson! If you and Barr....shit nvm him....he's dead....if you are gonna run the league with your one man gong show you need more of this...!

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Whether or not it's illegal under the current rules, this is exactly the type of hit that we want to see the NHL get rid of. Trouba has other options to end the play, he chose the route most likely to lead to an injury. Causing an injury was the foreseeable outcome of that hit.

I do think the head was the point of contact, if not primarily than upper chest into head was. He hit him high enough to forseeably cause injury.

It wasn't a hit to the body. We need to rid the game of these plays.

Reactions: Oryxo

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Given the DOPS's early track record on this season... Barron probably gets suspended on this one.

I'm not sure there's a player I dislike more in the league than Jacob Trouba. He's genuinely trying to end careers with these hits. They're as predatory as predatory gets and somehow the DOPS just love this guy.
He’s a dirty pos, I hope in the next one, Xhekaj gives him a dose of his own medicine, but we know he’ll turtle and run from Xhekaj.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Barrons head lowers as his knees bend and he extends towards the puck. If he straightens his legs, or even simply doesn't continue to bend them and lower the height of his head, his chest is the principal point of contact.
Go look at the clip on page 5 at post 122. How much is his body move down there from the start of the clip to the hit. And the video is from a straight point angle. There is no evidence there that Barron is going much down like you think. From the start to point of contact, even if he didn't have the slight downward motion he still would have hit him right in the head.

He's not squatting down here.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Go look at the clip on page 5 at post 122. How much is his body move down there from the start of the clip to the hit. And the video is from a straight point angle. There is no evidence there that Barron is going much down like you think. From the start to point of contact, even if he didn't have the slight downward motion he still would have hit him right in the head.

He's not squatting down here.
It’s Trouba, he’s a well documented head hunter and cheap shot artist. It’s usually the blokes that think calling a dirty hit dirty is going against some weird code of the old school hockey, usually an idiotic stance. Then it’s the usual Rangers fans that think his hit isn’t a head shot and then will complain when someone does the exact same to one of their players.

It’s a dirty hit.

Also typical - DOPS will botch the punishment like they always do.

Reactions: SirKillalot

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Now you're telling it's the player with the head down who's throwing the body check or what? You mean the checking player has absolutely no control over his own body?

Throwing a hit is an action. Action comes from a decision. A decision can be changed or modified if the player you are targetting is in a vulnerable state.
For the I believe 9th time now with no actual answer.

How are you going to avoid my head when I’m skating directly at you which may head down?

In your world, I can’t be hit, right?

If you think you might seriously injure a player you want to hit because he's in a vulnerable position, maybe it's still time to change your course of action? In the name of... decency?
Yes I’m sure you’d handle it very very well if in an important game an player on your team avoided making a hit, got beat, and was scored against all because he chose the “decent” route.

I’m sure that wouldn’t be talked about and ridiculed for years!

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Since the maximum fine for stuff that DoPS can give is $5000, why doesn’t someone just eat that tiny bit of salary, step up, and give this shitbag a taste of his own medicine??? :shakehead

f*** Trouba

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
- A disgusting, gutless and vicious move according to any other human standards
This statement is hilariously over the top.
Trouba was coming in to make a hit in a hockey game. Barron made a late turn and ducked right into it at the last second. The hit was incoming when he turned as he did. Trouba is Trouba, but good gracious, get ahold of yourself.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Too many pages to sort though but was this angle posted?

That’s a dirty hit.
I hate trouba as much as the next guy, but what makes it dirty? If barron braced for the hit instead of trying to cut across the ice like hes the only one playing, we wouldnt be talking about it

It looks like trouba lines up a shoulder check into the chest and a last second movement turn it into something worse

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
You are coming into the zone with the modern day Scott Stevens playing RD and you aren't expecting to get hit? Trouba literally flew through the air like Superman last year to try to hit someone. This Montreal player needs some time in the AHL because this league is clearly too fast for him.

Reactions: luiginb

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Nothing wrong with Trouba's actions. Had him lined up perfectly for a shoulder check and executed the hit cleanly through the core.

Barron whiffs his backhand pass and for some reason reacts trying to reach for the puck again. Making him cut straight towards the hit and lower himself so that Trouba's shoulder gets him right on the jaw. Just an absolute suicide move.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Trouba's done a lot worse (actually illegal hits).

This hit is clean (for now) but very hard, and unfortunate all things considered. Looks like Barron may have lost balance reaching for the puck - either way he lowered himself. Gotta make your play/non-play at the line and then watch out for yourself a bit.

Always feels awful saying this but don't put yourself in that position barreling down toward a guy known for blowing people off the planet.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Listen, I am not a Trouba fan, but he doesn’t hit dirty. All the evidence we need is Trouba made the hit and you’re going to come to the conclusion that it’s perfectly timed and maximumly effective at inflicting damage. He’s the best hitter in the league and it’s not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad