Trouba goes Superman!

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
He wasn't clipped. And he very clearly chicken wings his elbow there. And his elbow is literally at Necas's head level.

I don't need to assume intent. Whatever he was intending it was an extremely dangerous play. Strange how these sort of plays keep happening with Trouba.

View attachment 867389
Elbow is head level after initial contact (which was upper arm)and Necas is purposely falling down. Physics my man

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ah, my mistake then. Agreed. Any defenseman taking three penalties is gonna make it incredibly hard on your team.
We agree. We want him suspended. I disagree that it's suspension worthy but I won't fight it. He is a net negative to our team. Suspending him for any amount of time would do us a tremendous favor. Get him off the team next season too.

Reactions: Grifter3511

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Elbow is head level after initial contact (which was upper arm)and Necas is purposely falling down. Physics my man

Ah so who knows what intent Trouba had but you know Necas is intentionally falling down?

I don’t even know how to respond to the rest of it. Saying “physics” doesn’t explain away Trouba obviously sticking out his elbow at Necas’s head level as he flew by him. But whatever lets you sleep at night.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Ah so who knows what intent Trouba had but you know Necas is intentionally falling down?

I don’t even know how to respond to the rest of it. Saying “physics” doesn’t explain away Trouba obviously sticking out his elbow at Necas’s head level as he flew by him. But whatever lets you sleep at night.
Tell me you don't understand physics without telling me you don't understand physics.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
It is so freeing and frankly very enjoyable to see how this nothing player and objectively poor choice of captain lives rent-free in the heads of 31 other fan bases, especially local rivals.

No one wants Trouba off the team and out of the game more than Rangers fans because of the danger he regularly puts his own team in on the actual scoreboard, including in Game 2 of this series, but that part of this doesn't fit the narrative of anyone whose pearls have shattered at the molecular level from how hard they've been clutched.

If Gary Bettman ends up handing this clown the Stanley Cup, you might as well disband the league. Peak hockey will have been reached.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Tell me you don't understand physics without telling me you don't understand physics.

Tell me you’re using an outdated meme with… well you know the rest.

A chicken wing elbow in motion tends to stay in motion.

People aren’t just randomly picking an unremarkable player like Trouba to accuse of being dirty. He’s earned his rep. But it’s always entertaining to watch people twist themselves into a pretzel to explain away his latest dirty play.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Tell me you’re using an outdated meme with… well you know the rest.

A chicken wing elbow in motion tends to stay in motion.

People aren’t just randomly picking an unremarkable player like Trouba to accuse of being dirty. He’s earned his rep. But it’s always entertaining to watch people twist themselves into a pretzel to explain away his latest dirty play.
Of course not. Trouba plays reckless and hard and sometimes crosses the line. This just ain't it. If anything, Trouba took more punishment from this play than Necas did. And a bunch of people (some of whom are clearly biased- not you as far as I know) on hfboards complaining about him doesn't speak as loudly as the complete and utter silence from the nhl disciplinarians. Cue the 'the DoPS is a joke' comments. Which they are, but they hold a lot more weight than posters on a message board.

As @Gardner McKay already stated in this or the other thread started about this incident, Trouba is a detriment to the Rangers. A suspension would most likely be beneficial to the Rangers, but he doesn't deserve one for this phantom hit.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Trouba should be suspended for this. It's so glaringly obvious he wanted to injure the player. The fact he missed with the flying elbow doesn't change the fact he was headhunting.

The NHL needs to take a stand here.

Reactions: cptjeff

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Never forget. Trouba concussed Crosby to giftwrap the Rags the win against Pens in the playoffs. He did it with a WINGED out Elbow too. Going into Game 5, Pens were leading the series 3-1. Trouba takes out Crosby with INTENT, rags come all the way back and take it in 7.

At the time people thought it was an accident. I didn’t buy it then and I definately don’t buy it now.

There should be no surprise and no question what he was trying to do to Necas here. The winged elbow was deliberate attempt to take out a star player, as it was when he took out Crosby. This is him making an impact in the playoffs.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
It is so freeing and frankly very enjoyable to see how this nothing player and objectively poor choice of captain lives rent-free in the heads of 31 other fan bases, especially local rivals.

No one wants Trouba off the team and out of the game more than Rangers fans because of the danger he regularly puts his own team in on the actual scoreboard, including in Game 2 of this series, but that part of this doesn't fit the narrative of anyone whose pearls have shattered at the molecular level from how hard they've been clutched.

If Gary Bettman ends up handing this clown the Stanley Cup, you might as well disband the league. Peak hockey will have been reached.
lol based af

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Another "accidental" elbow in mid-flight there.

Trouba must have now surpassed the legendary Randy "Macho Man" Savage for flying elbow attempts.
randysavage-rickysteamboat.gif

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018

Because people recognize that he's a dirty p.o.s. that means he's living rent free in their heads? Ok then.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Of course not. Trouba plays reckless and hard and sometimes crosses the line. This just ain't it. If anything, Trouba took more punishment from this play than Necas did. And a bunch of people (some of whom are clearly biased- not you as far as I know) on hfboards complaining about him doesn't speak as loudly as the complete and utter silence from the nhl disciplinarians. Cue the 'the DoPS is a joke' comments. Which they are, but they hold a lot more weight than posters on a message board.

As @Gardner McKay already stated in this or the other thread started about this incident, Trouba is a detriment to the Rangers. A suspension would most likely be beneficial to the Rangers, but he doesn't deserve one for this phantom hit.
The silence from the DOPS doesn't mean a thing other than they don't punish intent without a result. They could very well all hate that Trouba tried to take a guys head off with a stupid elbow but since it missed (thankfully) they won't do anything because if they tried it would get thrown out eventually on appeal since there is zero precedent for suspending someone for an attempted hit.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Because people recognize that he's a dirty p.o.s. that means he's living rent free in their heads? Ok then.
He gets different treatment because he's on a big-market team that people love to hate. No one gave half as much of a crap about him when he was on the Winnipeg Jets.

Reactions: AD Skinner

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
He gets different treatment because he's on a big-market team that people love to hate. No one gave half as much of a crap about him when he was on the Winnipeg Jets.
If I saw a Jet routinely head-hunting, then I would say that they are also a dirty p.o.s. The fact that he is on the Rangers keeps him from being penalized they way he deserves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad