Rumor: Trouba could be the odd man out in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
The next terrible contract the rags will be able to get out of without any cost.

At least without the consequences of the bad signings the rangers have little incentive to make better ones. I hope.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If Trouba was getting paid fairly what would he be making?

He was always pretty good, young and cheap in Winnipeg so I always struggle picturing him as this big liability.

He is such a headhunter now too he rarely did that for us :laugh:
He’s a headhunter now because he can’t keep up with the play and it’s his way to try and contribute.

Reactions: Voight and wetcoast

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The next terrible contract the rags will be able to get out of without any cost.

At least without the consequences of the bad signings the rangers have little incentive to make better ones. I hope.
The Rangers have had dead cap space for over a decade due to buyouts and retentions. What terrible contracts have they been able to get out of without any cost, aside from maybe Goodrow last week? Rangers fans are sick of their team handing out dumb contracts going all the way back to Holik and Gomez.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Rangers will easily find a buyer for Trouba. Like it or not, he’s still an effective top 4, doesn’t hurt the team, play a physical game and can put up 20-30 points a year. Most importantly, he’s a RHD and these goes for a premium.

A lot of people won’t like it because they only care about points and superstars, but he would be a clear upgrade for a lot of contenders that are looking to bolster their RHD.

On the top of my head, Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo & Toronto are all teams that could use a guy like Trouba to stabilize their D.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Rangers will easily find a buyer for Trouba. Like it or not, he’s still an effective top 4, doesn’t hurt the team, play a physical game and can put up 20-30 points a year. Most importantly, he’s a RHD and these goes for a premium.

A lot of people won’t like it because they only care about points and superstars, but he would be a clear upgrade for a lot of contenders that are looking to bolster their RHD.

On the top of my head, Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo & Toronto are all teams that could use a guy like Trouba to stabilize their D.
He was horrible in the playoffs, not sure what you watched.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

i mean, 3 of those 5 statements are correct. It's not the first 2 though

Reactions: Voight and HBK27

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
The guy played with a hurt ankle for a chunk of the season, including the playoffs. Trouba isn’t half as bad as advertised here. The dude is mostly given d-zone deployments as a shutdown guy. Of course his numbers aren’t going to look great.

I’d gladly take him on Detroit, no retention needed if we can get away from Holl and Copp.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
How much is it gonna take to dump him? Luxury is a nice way of saying he sucks azz for his cap hit.
Alot less than this website believes. On this website, a player is either worth nothing and assets must be attached to even move them or theyre 99 and any offer isnt good enough. There is no in between here.

If moved, he likely gets moved without attaching assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad