Trottier vs. Crosby

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Both are great players in terms of longevity you go with trottier but crosby has more elite skills which in the end give him a higher ranking.Many Cananadiens never forgave Trootier for playing for the Americans in 84 CanadaCup.Brian was native and chose to play for the Americans.Previously Brian played for canada.Brian was a physical two way player who was a good passer and gave his best.He rarely missed games even though he played a robost game.He put up 100 pts seasons and was great in playoffs.He potvin and Bossy were major players on the team.Different publications have one or the other ahead on lists

TheBigBadCat

Nov 7, 2006
NJ
Trottier , hands down 6 cups as a player 1 as assistant coach . never whined , gave a young Gretzky fits in the Stanley cup finals 83

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Who had/will have the better career likely Trottier.

Who's the better player...Crosby

I just don't get as excited or see the same thing when it comes to Trottier's games that are online. By that logic though I could say that Pavel Bure was the better player and that probably isn't true but you get my point.

Long Duk Dong

Sammich King
Aug 7, 2007
Beaver Falls, PA
I'm a slightly older Pens fan, and not much into Crosby, but it's still Crosby by a pretty wide margin. However, Trottier doesn't get his due much on here. Everyone talks about Bossy and Potvin, when he was just as or more important for the Isles.

What's the next poll going to be? Rick Vaive vs Stamkos?

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Better player, you have to go with Crosby. He's the consensus best player in the world, and has been for a decently long stretch of time now.

I would agree with this and through their 1st 7 seasons Trotts probably has the better resume (regular season and playoffs) but that's with Crosby missing over 130 games in his 3 injured seasons.

Of course Trotts had Bossy on his wing and we know Crosby has had lesser wingers.

Crosby has plenty of time to pass him overall, as long as he returns to health.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Sarcasm fails on the internet.

Voted for Crosby though its close.

It actually wasn't sarcasm. Before Ovechkin declined, there was a debate. Now there isn't, hence now there is a consensus... though there will be a debate about Crosby vs Malkin if trends continue.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Better player, you have to go with Crosby. He's the consensus best player in the world, and has been for a decently long stretch of time now.

well 2 years isnt very long, especially when he missed so many games in both seasons

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Trottier pretty much gives you everything you could want, but Crosby has proven himself to be at worst a top 3 player for a longer period that Trottier was. I give Crosby a slight edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad