Rumor: Trigger Warning: UAP, NHI, Physics and Science...a thread.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Both are phenomenal movies in their own right that are unfairly compared against each other.

Unfairly compared?! Aliens is the f***ing sequel to Alien. :laugh:

I agree one is a slow burn horror movie and one is an action movie, but it doesn’t get easier to compare two movies than that. We aren’t talking about Alien and The Sound of Music.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

Edit: Some follow up

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I really love this stuff, even if I don't believe that humans will ever encounter, at least knowingly, technologically advanced, intelligent, alien life. The odds are so extreme. I think there's probably like a 99.999... percent chance that there is intelligent extraterrestrial life out there. But the probability that that life is close enough to us to communicate, let alone visit, survives long enough to communicate effectively, exists in the same time period as us, is comprehensible to us, experiences time the same as us, went through a similar enough evolutionary process that we admit is basically a miracle to have happened, other planets have a similar number or less catastrophic worldwide extinction events, other worlds atmospheres that support life are similar to ours, alien civilization that has developed technology to communicate or traverse space decides that it is safe enough to do so and isn't hostile or aggressive, do technologically advanced intelligent life decide to continue living and experiencing the universe physically or move into a virtual reality.

There's just so many issues to overcome that are absolutely massive. I don't believe that humans will ever encounter them at least not while both civilisations still exist and can communicate or visit one another.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Over the last couple years or so, based on a lot of the information coming out and big names speaking up about UAPs and NHI, it honestly feels like we may currently be in the early stages of some kind of controlled disclosure. A lot of different "what if" scenarios being sprinkled out there, and not just by niche media companies anymore, though the main stream media could certainly be doing a lot more. It almost seems like someone is trying to butter up the public by slowly planting the seeds that we are not alone in some capacity. There's just too much smoke out there for a fire not to be close behind.

Reactions: Embiid

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Over the last couple years or so, based on a lot of the information coming out and big names speaking up about UAPs and NHI, it honestly feels like we may currently be in the early stages of some kind of controlled disclosure. A lot of different "what if" scenarios being sprinkled out there, and not just by niche media companies anymore, though the main stream media could certainly be doing a lot more. It almost seems like someone is trying to butter up the public by slowly planting the seeds that we are not alone in some capacity. There's just too much smoke out there for a fire not to be close behind.

It’s the new fad to get that government funding.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It’s the new fad to get that government funding.
Not just government funding either. A lot of these new foundations and groups are opening up to private investors as well. They want to be on the cutting edge when this technology finally comes to light. The recent SALT Conference talk by Retired Colonel Karl Nell was attended by a bunch of big wig private investors. After discussing his long list of accolades and previous positions, he opened things up by saying he has "zero doubt that non-human intelligence exists and has been interacting with humanity for a while."

Pretty interesting discussion if you haven't seen it and want to dip your toe in. @Danko linked it above, but I'll add it here to make it easy on you.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Not just government funding either. A lot of these new foundations and groups are opening up to private investors as well. They want to be on the cutting edge when this technology finally comes to light. The recent SALT Conference talk by Retired Colonel Karl Nell was attended by a bunch of big wig private investors. After discussing his long list of accolades and previous positions, he opened things up by saying he has "zero doubt that non-human intelligence exists and has been interacting with humanity for a while."

Pretty interesting discussion if you haven't seen it and want to dip your toe in. @Danko linked it above, but I'll add it here to make it easy on you.

Cool....thanks for reposting it! I’ll give it a listen when I get a chance

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Lou Elizondo making the rounds doing interviews to market his new book. On Rogan he mentioned that the Pentagon has footage of a UAP about the size of a city block/Oil Rig moving past an actual oil rig underwater going around 500mph

Here's the longer version of the UAP clip they show where the object goes underwater, comes back out and splits in two

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ripley is a better more developed character in Aliens. The sci-fi is better. The supporting characters are more memorable and quotable, beyond having their chest cavity blown apart. I'm a sucker for ad hoc family dynamics. 80s-90s James Cameron is a Mt. Rushmore action set piece director, with a more defined vision than Ridley Scott (Blade Runner is overrated too beyond the atmosphere/visuals). Aliens (plural) is obviously better than one Alien, especially when it comes to the Queen. Obviously, Alien is a better horror movie -- all-time great horror film at that -- what with the claustrophobic gloomy slow burn. But a lot of it depends on the reveal. Aliens is just more re-watchable.
Meh. Too many soldier cliche roles. No imagination. Basically a shoot them up with people acting stupid.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as UFOs, Occam's Razor.

Interstellar travel is extremely difficult and one way, forget Warp Drives, etc., the only "faster than light" that is feasible might be information through some sort of Quantum effect - but these effects aren't sustainable at macro (i.e. real world) levels. So slower than light propulsion means century long trips.

In that case, odds are the only aliens that come here are coming to stay, and will see us as inconvenient at best, and food at worst. That is, they would come in "generation" ships on a one way trip, looking for prime real estate. Which means a carbon based life form, silicon based life forms might not consider Earth to be attractive. Though a gas giant evolved life form might prefer Jupiter.

What might come in small numbers would be AI guided robot probes, b/c traveling a few hundred years wouldn't be a problem. But we've only been broadcasting our presences for a 100 years or so, which makes it unlikely that anyone would have launched a probe toward us before then.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
As far as UFOs, Occam's Razor.

Interstellar travel is extremely difficult and one way, forget Warp Drives, etc., the only "faster than light" that is feasible might be information through some sort of Quantum effect - but these effects aren't sustainable at macro (i.e. real world) levels. So slower than light propulsion means century long trips.

In that case, odds are the only aliens that come here are coming to stay, and will see us as inconvenient at best, and food at worst. That is, they would come in "generation" ships on a one way trip, looking for prime real estate. Which means a carbon based life form, silicon based life forms might not consider Earth to be attractive. Though a gas giant evolved life form might prefer Jupiter.

What might come in small numbers would be AI guided robot probes, b/c traveling a few hundred years wouldn't be a problem. But we've only been broadcasting our presences for a 100 years or so, which makes it unlikely that anyone would have launched a probe toward us before then.
You seem to assume these UFOs would operate under our current understanding of physics, which is almost definitely not the case (at least from the current "evidence" that exists). An advanced civilization with even a hundred more years of innovation would be light years ahead of our own based on how quickly we've been evolving in that regard recently. Imagine what a civilization with thousands of years or more would be capable of.

With the reported transmedium capabilities of these crafts, they very well could be originating from right here on earth. They've supposedly been observed entering and exiting oceans, mountains, etc. I actually find it more plausible that they come from here than from space.

I agree on the AI robot probes, that would seem the most likely for the smaller UFO sightings. There have been plenty of others though that claim seeing things as large as a city block or football field in both the air and underwater. If they are here on earth, those AI probes wouldn't need to travel very far at all.

It's a wild subject to think about either way, but it surely seems like something beyond our comprehension is going on here. That, or it's a giant decades long psyop that got way out of hand.

Reactions: Embiid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad