• Long term deal

Votes: 85 29.3%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.7%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
IMG_3726.gif

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
As a Swayman fan from the beginning, if they don't get it done within the next week, trade his immature ass.

Poisonous Lewis Gross has been the driver in this, Jeremy the sorry caboose.

If Jeremy eventually signs after much absurd drama and acrimony, at that point no one on the club will believe Swayman cares as much for his teammates as he does for himself.
I think he has until tomorrow to prove otherwise

I find it really tough to side with Swayman when he has a very fair offer that will set himself up financially for the rest of his life

I don't put this mess on Lewis Gross as much as some people are.

At some point Swayman needs to take initiative and say "lets get this done I need to get on the ice with my teammates"

By Tuesday every other Bruin is going to be focused on winning while Swayman is focused on pinching every penny out of the organization.

Tough look in the lockerroom

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PepeBostones

Mar 3, 2002
Jeremy Swayman is setting himself up for the ultimate challenge.

No doubt, he's up to it, but disappointed in him seeing himself as some sort of victim, whining and finding excuses. If he never faced adversity in life before, it's a wonder he made it this far. Of course he has.

On the other hand he's selfishness and stubborness are some of the tributes of a successful athlete. He probably hates to lose a none important card game or bet with a teammate too.

Ordinary people like me find this hard to understand, but maybe also why I'm ordinary and Jeremy Swayman is a top notch athlete. I witnessed this with friends who are/were successful athletes. They are good friends, but awful company playing a game of trivia pursuit. Can't accept losing.

Boston Bruins are in a complicated situation. Swayman is probably the difference between being a contender or missing the playoffs, especially since they don't score that many goals.

Need to sign Swayman otherwise I'm afraid Bruins will trade him and come away a worse return similar to the Joe Thornton or Tyler Seguin trades. We all know too well how that ended. A trade may still come but I don't see how it will benefit the Bruins.

I have no doubt Jeremy Swayman will be among the very best goalies in the NHL for the next decade. He's always been up to the task, already been playing 3+ years in Boston performing at the highest level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad