Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I just don’t see a world where mailloux is even on our radar….

He legit had character issues and not just claims by fan bases asking for him.

He’s basically a lesser version of luneau, doesn’t fill the actual void we’d need on rhd. He wouldn’t beat out zellweger/luneau or Mintyukov for powerplay time.

I think the source you’re posting, has some really bad info or wishful thinking…. Wouldn’t be the first time tho.

If the cost of zegras is a mid tier d prospect and a late 1st and we’ll throw back a 2nd…. He’d be gone already. Based off that I assume this scenario doesn’t actually exist.
If someone offered you Luneau and #21 for Zegras and a mid 2nd would you go for it?

*In this scenario another team had Luneau and not Anaheim

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you don't know what mailman is developing into, great.

What I'm hoping is that he and X rise to a second pair level offensively and at 6'4" 245 plus 6'3" 230, turn into 475 pound of pure hell...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If someone offered you Luneau and #21 for Zegras and a mid 2nd would you go for it?

Prob not, 21 isn’t much of anything(specially if we’re talking this year where we could trade up oiler pick or our 2nd for much cheaper)

And while I think luneau has significantly more upside than mailloux, they both still pretty unknown commodities.

I know what I have with zegras, and personally feel zegras should be part of our core.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

I would not trade Z and a 2nd for Luneau and the 21st. No.

I would not do it even if you remove the 2nd. Shit, even if you add a 2nd to the package I still wouldnt do it. And I love Luneau.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If you don't know what mailman is developing into, great.

What I'm hoping is that he and X rise to a second pair level offensively and at 6'4" 245 plus 6'3" 230, turn into 475 pound of pure hell...

I just don’t imagine we’d move for a guy with his history, even if he’s taken steps in the right direction.

Isn’t mailloux pretty sus defensively?

Reactions: frontsfan67

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just don’t imagine we’d move for a guy with his history, even if he’s taken steps in the right direction.

If you think Mailman did stupid things you would never want to cross paths with me as a young man. Circumstance and environment rule young brains...anywho.

Instead of me writing his praises, read this...

I absolutely don't want to trade Mailman for Zegras even though Zegras is a proven top 6. I rather take the chance that Mailman develops into Chelios V2.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Prob not, 21 isn’t much of anything(specially if we’re talking this year where we could trade up oiler pick or our 2nd for much cheaper)

And while I think luneau has significantly more upside than mailloux, they both still pretty unknown commodities.

I know what I have with zegras, and personally feel zegras should be part of our core.

I would not trade Z and a 2nd for Luneau and the 21st. No.

I would not do it even if you remove the 2nd. Shit, even if you add a 2nd to the package I still wouldnt do it. And I love Luneau.
Fair enough

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This is exactly how internet works now. Some random fan website, with no credibility at all, posts a "rumor" -> some people, especially here, regurgitate it even if THEY KNOW it's just a fansite rumor to talk shit.

Time passes on -> fansite non-sense bullshit is now considered fact by fans.

• Love
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
If you think Mailman did stupid things you would never want to cross paths with me as a young man. Circumstance and environment rule young brains...anywho.

I absolutely don't want to trade Mailman for Zegras even though Zegras is a proven top 6. I rather take the chance that Mailman develops into Chelios V2.
Wow you must have been a real piece of shit then because whats worse then secretly recording a women and then spreading it around. Hopefully you really have grown up, or atleast dont have daughters, or a wife, or sisters, or interact with women for that matter.

I love it. "I would rather keep Mailman because he could end up being a hall of famer". Lol this thread never fails to deliver.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

First paragraph I’m not going to touch

2nd -

Entirely fine, doubt he was someone we want anyway…. We have luneau Mintyukov and zellweger…. We need a more defensive first style dmen, that’s why I maintained Reinbacher/guhle made sense, or 5th if levshunov/buium we’re on the boards

Guys like hinds Warren solberg moore and helleson, may fill that void.

I’m not big on the idea of trading zegras and honestly it’s all been rumors so far, and bad ones at that.

You talk about mailloux being a potential chelios… which would be his absolute dream case…. But what about zegras upside?

He’s 2 years older than mailloux, but already had 2 60 point seasons(2/2 in healthy seasons where he plays 70+ games) on a bad offensive teams

Reactions: frontsfan67

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
First paragraph I’m not going to touch

2nd -

Entirely fine, doubt he was someone we want anyway…. We have luneau Mintyukov and zellweger…. We need a more defensive first style dmen, that’s why I maintained Reinbacher/guhle made sense, or 5th if levshunov/buium we’re on the boards

Guys like hinds Warren solberg moore and helleson, may fill that void.

I’m not big on the idea of trading zegras and honestly it’s all been rumors so far, and bad ones at that.

You talk about mailloux being a potential chelios… which would be his absolute dream case…. But what about zegras upside?

He’s 2 years older than mailloux, but already had 2 60 point seasons(2/2 in healthy seasons where he plays 70+ games) on a bad offensive teams
If Mailloux's upside is Chelios then Zegras' is Datsyuk lol.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
The “source” for the Mailloux/Zegras is not a source but a joke of a website, Habs fan themselves were making fun of that source on the Habs board.

But let’s say for a second that was the trade being discussed.

Verbeek should be fired on the spot if he even thought of accepting Mailloux+21 for Zegras let alone add a 2nd.

Zegras is producing at a 0.73 PPG pace so far on one of the worst team in the league. And that’s with a season of dealing with an injury. At 23.

If my math is correct, Only Suzuki has a higher career PPG than Zegras production on the Habs. Caufield right behind.

Zegras has PPG+ potential with help. Mailloux despite his potential has not shown anything so far that would make him the main piece to acquire such a player.

And the trade make no sense for the Ducks timeline anyway. They have a billion picks and prospects already, and now they’re gonna trade their 23YO center that has shown he can produce at the NHL level for.... another prospect and a pick? When are they gonna get out of the rebuild if they trade their good young players who show anything for more picks/prospect?

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The “source” for the Mailloux/Zegras is not a source but a joke of a website, Habs fan themselves were making fun of that source on the Habs board.

But let’s say for a second that was the trade being discussed.

Verbeek should be fired on the spot if he even thought of accepting Mailloux+21 for Zegras let alone add a 2nd.

Zegras is producing at a 0.73 PPG pace so far on one of the worst team in the league. And that’s with a season of dealing with an injury. At 23.

If my math is correct, Only Suzuki has a higher career PPG than Zegras production on the Habs. Caufield right behind.

Zegras has PPG+ potential with help. Mailloux despite his potential has not shown anything so far that would make him the main piece to acquire such a player.

^ Gets it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

That's news from his junior days (D+1). He's certainly improved in that area and not many know how effective he was in his first pro season last year. If he had defensive flaws, it would have showed and it would be focused on way more today.

Not as strong defensively as Guhle but holds his own and is still in development. Won't be a shut down type but yes, he is more known for his offensive ability at this stage. It's all about Mailloux's hockey IQ at this point because all the tools he has is very good.

No way I am trading him before I see one full NHL season first.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Mailloux's upside is Chelios then Zegras' is Datsyuk lol.

So much wrong with this.

Mailloux is more of an offensive guy than shut down type. Has only played one pro season and it was very solid. He has some development to go through yet. In terms of upside, Chelios is not the he player I would think of.

Zegras is already in the NHL. How much more growth can we expect at age 23? Suzuki went from 66 pts to 77 (age 23/24). That's the kind of growth I might expect but Zegras needs to put last season behind him and get back to that 60+ spot. I really didn't like his performance at the WC's. If he performed well, I would be offering more today in a trade.

At this point, I rather move on. Habs drafted Demidov and Hage and I like both of them. Habs will keep our futures and see who else becomes available during the season.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
So much wrong with this.

Mailloux is more of an offensive guy than shut down type. Has only played one pro season and it was very solid. He has some development to go through yet. In terms of upside, Chelios is not the he player I would think of.

Zegras is already in the NHL. How much more growth can we expect at age 23? Suzuki went from 66 pts to 77 (age 23/24). That's the kind of growth I might expect but Zegras needs to put last season behind him and get back to that 60+ spot. I really didn't like his performance at the WC's. If he performed well, I would be offering more today in a trade.

At this point, I rather move on. Habs drafted Demidov and Hage and I like both of them. Habs will keep our futures and see who else becomes available during the season.
I'm honestly at a loss for words. The moving of goalposts to make a point is just exhausting.

A LOT of players get better after age 23. Funny enough, DATSYUK went from 35 points in his age 23 season to 97 in his age 28 season. Just because Suzuki didn't take another step doesn't mean Zegras can't.

I think we all agree on moving on.

Reactions: Vipers31

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
So much wrong with this.

It was a Habs fan that said he would develop into a Chelios v2

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's news from his junior days (D+1). He's certainly improved in that area and not many know how effective he was in his first pro season last year. If he had defensive flaws, it would have showed and it would be focused on way more today.

Not as strong defensively as Guhle but holds his own and is still in development. Won't be a shut down type but yes, he is more known for his offensive ability at this stage. It's all about Mailloux's hockey IQ at this point because all the tools he has is very good.

No way I am trading him before I see one full NHL season first.
Ya I don’t see ya being really into him as an option regardless…. I think we need a guy that’s more known for defense to compliment zellweger/Mintyukov.

But again we got a ton of good young dmen…. If we were to ever trade zegeas it would require a great young dmen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So much wrong with this.

Suzuki breaking 70 was prob more of a pleasant surprise…. As I think he was seen as more of a high end 2c with high compete. A guy that you’d love as your 2c on a good team, he’s better defensively than zegras…. But I think zegras has the higher upside offensively…. And his game is going to get better as the team around him gets better.

I'm honestly at a loss for words. The moving of goalposts to make a point is just exhausting.

A LOT of players get better after age 23. Funny enough, DATSYUK went from 35 points in his age 23 season to 97 in his age 28 season. Just because Suzuki didn't take another step doesn't mean Zegras can't.

I think we all agree on moving on.
You should see what some habs fans expectations for dach… and then wonder why they don’t think zegras can score more than 70 with better team around him

Reactions: Gliff

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Suzuki breaking 70 was prob more of a pleasant surprise…. As I think he was seen as more of a high end 2c with high compete. A guy that you’d love as your 2c on a good team, he’s better defensively than zegras…. But I think zegras has the higher upside offensively…. And his game is going to get better as the team around him gets better.
No one was really surprised with Suzuki breaking 70 once he played with half decent players. I would consider what he did the years prior as an exploit. Finished the last ~20 games with Harvey-Pinard and Gallagher and the next year with Hoffman and Anderson.

Montreal as a hole was an offensive black hole other than Suzuki for most of two years and was even worst for him after Caufield missed more than half a season last year.

So no, it didn’t really come as a surprise after being given the opportunity to play with half decent players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad