Value of: Trent Frederic

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If the Bruins were interested in Rust, something like Frederic and a 1st might be palatable as the Pens could use some youth and size/snarl.

Rust is still a great complementary scoring winger but isn't a needle mover for the Pens at this point.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I wonder if there’s a deal to be made with the JETS for Ehlers with maybe other pieces involved.

I think players of Frederic’s type (middle six guy with big build) are going to be the big benefactors of the rise in the cap. Frederic looking for a Copp type deal is not unrealistic.

Edit: so I guess what I am trying to say is assume he will want something like that is he is going to stay in WPG rather than test the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think players of Frederic’s type (middle six guy with big build) are going to be the big benefactors of the rise in the cap. Frederic looking for a Copp type deal is not unrealistic.

Edit: so I guess what I am trying to say is assume he will want something like that is he is going to stay in WPG rather than test the market.
So which scoring winger are you aiming for, if any?

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So which scoring winger are you aiming for, if any?

That was meant more as a “hey, heads up from a WPG” pov, not as a dismissal at all about Frederic+ for Ehlers. I think things in Boston are just fluid as all hell right now. All their guys but Marchand are in their prime right now. But, the team is lacking a 1C to push everyone down to where they belong and generally some speed/scoring. Rust is problematic just because Marchand is on the decline and getting another guy about to hit that isn’t the right use of limited trade assets. But what makes any Boston moves hard to talk about is that there are going to be a few of them, and I would think that that Ullmark and center dominos are the more important dominos to work out first.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Marner
For
Frederic, Carlo & Ullmark

There sure are some fun Toronto and Boston combos if you throw the rivalry to the wind. I, for one, wouldn’t have an issue with sending Ullmark to Toronto in a smaller deal, but I don’t think Boston has the right group of guys to maximize Marner even if you put the in division stuff aside. An elite playmaking winger dishing to…Charlie Coyle…just ain’t it.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Trent Frederic is more of a pest than a rough and tumble guy, hes smart and responsible but dont expect a power forward. Hard to describe since he lead the team in hits, but none of them were really "hard" hits.

Middle six guy that is great 5v5 and can play spot PK time, hasn't really been given an opportunity on the PP at this point of his career.

More often than not, is the guy in the corners sending good passes to the crease, not the guy in front of the net working it in.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Just asking if Bruin management has an interest in keeping Frederic after this season . What is his trade value at present ? He is a UFA at season end and at present is not playing very well. They let DeBrusk walk last season who is a player I wish they could have found a way too keep. What would a team be willing to give Frederic for a contract next season.

If Frederic has trade value this season I feel they should explore moving him

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't get too low on Frederic after a small sample size, or too high on Kastelic & Koepke on a small sample size. While it's possible that what we are seeing from each of those players will continue, to make a drastic decision on any of them right now would be risky.

The problem with dealing Frederic specifically is the return you'd get.

Picks an prospects now do nothing since the team is trying to contend.
So that means you are looking for a team to give you a scoring F back. I think the return would be a"meh" middle 6 tweener type that likely wouldn't really move the needle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad