Value of: Travis Konecy.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We already have the Provrov trade, we have the Carter Hart Rumours, we have the Kevin Hayes rumours, we have the TDA Rumours.

It looks like Philadelphia is burning it ALL down to the ground.

With that in mind what's Konecy get?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm pretty sure he's part of the studs being stripped to rather than the parts being stripped away. Would be very, very surprised if they traded him.

Reactions: Hockeypete49

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Imo, TK is the flyers most valuable piece.

We’ve had these threads for him a few times. He won’t be cheap.

No second rate nonsense.
No lower picks to make up for lack of firsts.

I don’t see anything that makes sense from a Toronto perspective. I will admit that I probably value TK more than most Flyers fans. So opinions will probably change from person to person.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure he's part of the studs being stripped to rather than the parts being stripped away. Would be very, very surprised if they traded him.

Maybe but he's only got 2 years left on his deal, I doubt he's signing long term with Philadelphia going into a rebuild

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Imo, TK is the flyers most valuable piece.

We’ve had these threads for him a few times. He won’t be cheap.

No second rate nonsense.
No lower picks to make up for lack of firsts.

I don’t see anything that makes sense from a Toronto perspective. I will admit that I probably value TK more than most Flyers fans. So opinions will probably change from person to person.

You do realize I never mentioned Toronto right?

I could see them interested for sure, but this thread is not about them specifically.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You’re a leafs fan; so that was my first thought. I just rolled with it since you created the thread.

If I make a thread about a player to the Leafs they will always be mentioned in the title.

That being they do need a top 6 forward so I would bet on them being interested

Reactions: BernieParent

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
We've actually yet to see any real evidence that the Flyers intend to tear it down for real. Briere has said he doesn't want to. They traded Provorov but he had run his course in Philly regardless and both sides wanted a change. Other than that, all he's said is that he's willing to listen on anyone (which should be true for all except maybe 10 players in the league).

To be clear, I absolutely should tear it down completely but the extent to which they will is still unclear.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They aren't trading TK for now. I know it's not exactly saying a ton but he is currently their best player and the heart and soul of their team. There will likely come a time when they do trade him but I don't think they are quite ready for that.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If the Flyers are entering a rebuild - which could take upwards of half a decade before they're competitive again - what good is it having Konecny on the roster through the remainder of his prime helping them win games that then decrease their odds in the draft lottery?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If the Flyers are entering a rebuild - which could take upwards of half a decade before they're competitive again - what good is it having Konecny on the roster through the remainder of his prime helping them win games that then decrease their odds in the draft lottery?
Because some guys need to be competitive and show what's necessary to win for the kids or else you end up in the doghouse for a decade or more.

I swear it's like some people here have never actually gone through a rebuild and only know a superficial portion of the theory.

Reactions: Grinner

dundee

Jun 8, 2023
if TK put 50 points on the board this year we are doom. We will either sell low next year overpay to resign him or loose him for nothing...WE are rebuilding NOW lets trade him NOW is value will never be better...people dont remember when we should have trade simmonds before it was too late ????

Reactions: McDoused

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There’s a balancing point between veteran influence and value depreciation. Anaheim is an example of going too far in the other direction; the Ducks twiddled away valuable 2nd contract years of both Lindholm and Rakell before dealing them for modest returns at the last opportunity.

Philadelphia has Sanheim and Ristolainen locked up for a while. Atkinson will probably be back. Couturier will at least try to play. Hayes’ trade market is uncertain.

Sell high if the market is buying high and given his contract, it should.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Reactions: Viqsi

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
if TK put 50 points on the board this year we are doom. We will either sell low next year overpay to resign him or loose him for nothing...WE are rebuilding NOW lets trade him NOW is value will never be better...people dont remember when we should have trade simmonds before it was too late ????
Selling high is a nice concept in theory.
In hockey TK might get 50 or could get 70 even 80 (he missed 20 games). Then you sold a 60 pt guy too low.

Try it in real life.
Try selling a stock when it gave you say 20% last year. Next year could always disappoint.

Simmonds: what a trade tree. Gave La 4 yrs of Richards for 6 of Schenn, 8 of Simmonds then Frost and Farabee.
Cant remember if 1 yr earlier a 30 yrs old Simmonds on declining stats would have returned way more than hartman and a 4th.

Things sounded very positive in his exit interview:

Eichel came back, might be slightly different injury. If he does return that might help the team but hurt TK‘s numbers…

Reactions: FlyguyOX

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
What's a Konecy ...........

1686335143228.png

Reactions: FlyguyOX

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
When he's on an expiring deal he'd return a first and b prospect. Given his age and potential I could even see the price going up. To do the deal now I'd want two firsts or an a list prospect and a late first
I’d prefer keeping him around until tdl of 24-25 season. Difference in returns (a vs b prospect?) not that much of an issue. Guys like Foerster, Brink, Gauthier, 7th oa would benefit from Konecny being on team.

No trade clause of any kind. Good job Fletcher, on that one.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The rumor is that he’s available but much more towards needing a can’t refuse offer. The rumor is also that there are several teams ready to offer just that. I thought it was too little too late firing Fletcher too close to the 2023 draft, but Briere may not be wasting any time.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
The rumor is that he’s available but much more towards needing a can’t refuse offer. The rumor is also that there are several teams ready to offer just that. I thought it was too little too late firing Fletcher too close to the 2023 draft, but Briere may not be wasting any time.
Good. Not refusing a cant refuse offer on any player is simple yet great strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad