Confirmed with Link: Travis Konecny Signs Eight Year Extension ($8.75M AAV w/ Six Years of NMC and 2 Years of M-NTC)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was told Ghost was a 1st pair D-man, b/c Arizona used him as such.
Then he went to Carolina and Detroit and was used as a 3rd pair D-man.

Drysdale needs work on his defense, and has to stay healthy, but he has the raw talent to be a dynamic offensive defenseman. But I don't think he can stay healthy if you play him 22+ minutes a night.

Reactions: Pantokrator

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Konecny got 6 years of full NMC and a deal a bit over market price. Its not about him. If we would be a contender the next 3 years it would be fine. But this contract isnt tradeable for 9 years and we need to resign other players and acquire #1 Center #1 dman and #1 goalie. Konecny is a plus player but not a cornerstone. This contract is a contract for a cornerstone....
Agreed

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
So logically, Drysdale will be one of the most dynamic and exciting players we've seen in years this season. This is the type of positivity this board needs. Combine that with Michkov scoring 90 points and running away with the Calder, and we are all but guaranteed a glorious first round playoff experience.

I know you say it in jest, but I think Drysdale is going to surprise this year. Maybe even get one of the negative Nancy’s to admit they might have been wrong about one thing.

Wait? What board am I on? Never mind.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Drysdale needs work on his defense, and has to stay healthy, but he has the raw talent to be a dynamic offensive defenseman. But I don't think he can stay healthy if you play him 22+ minutes a night.

Seems like a series of pretty significant mistakes that Fletcher and Briere are incapable of replacing him then, huh?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I know you say it in jest, but I think Drysdale is going to surprise this year. Maybe even get one of the negative Nancy’s to admit they might have been wrong about one thing.

Wait? What board am I on? Never mind.
Also he's going to have the best partner in steady physical force nick seeler that he can have as young offense only defenseman. He might even get close to his career high 32 points as early as this year.

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Has he really displayed this raw talent? Health clearly the key above all. He has shown no indications he can stay healthy however. Has he really displayed anything to show he can be a dynamic player? I didnt see it.

Danny got taken to the woodshed. Acquired a plyer he knew was damaged and hurt. Continued to platy him for that important playoff push. Acquired RYJO who was also hurt. Sensing a pattern or just coincidence?

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Seems like a series of pretty significant mistakes that Fletcher and Briere are incapable of replacing him then, huh?
Don't think it is on Dannys agenda to replace him and it shouldn't be really. Ghost on this team the last 3 years doesn't change anything as they are still a crap team. With or without. Does the PP become improved? Probably but wit the same coaches who really knows.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It's crap like this that keeps them in a perpetual faux retool (a non-competitive team thinking it's competitive) that the Flyers have been in for what feels like my whole adult life and probably is.

That deal makes sense for a contending team right now. I'm sure this will be good enough to keep some dumb casuals vaguely interested in the team and just competitive enough to keep 8th seed playoff discussions alive annually while killing any number one (or even two or three) overall hopes.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
It's crap like this that keeps them in a perpetual faux retool (a non-competitive team thinking it's competitive) that the Flyers have been in for what feels like my whole adult life and probably is.

That deal makes sense for a contending team right now. I'm sure this will be good enough to keep some dumb casuals vaguely interested in the team and just competitive enough to keep 8th seed playoff discussions alive annually while killing any number one (or even two or three) overall hopes.
“Dumb casuals” is the key demographic for Comcast. They need fannies in the seats. NHL is still a gate revenue driven league in most American markets, including Philly.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
“Dumb casuals” is the key demographic for Comcast. They need fannies in the seats. NHL is still a gate revenue driven league in most American markets, including Philly.

Eventually, everyone will quit on them until they flush out the whole thing with real change. DC Football Team had a rabid following and it took 20 years of similar management to finally truly destroy enthusiasm even among the faithful casuals.

And they won't have an NFL level TV deal to help them. They'll be hurting badly. They have no idea they're on borrowed time.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The problem with moving TK is if you want draft choices coming back, the team getting him will be in the POs so the return would selections in the twenties. He’s worth more than that. If you want a top six center, there aren’t many clubs with one to spare in return for him.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The problem with moving TK is if you want draft choices coming back, the team getting him will be in the POs so the return would selections in the twenties. He’s worth more than that. If you want a top six center, there aren’t many clubs with one to spare in return for him.
Exactly. Even if we wanted to trade him, we need a decent return, otherwise what's the point? Just trade him to make the team worse and hope for that elusive 1st OA pick to magically fix everything? Even without TK this team won't be bad enough to outtank the real crap teams in the league.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

That's why a trade with Minnesota with Marco Rossi as the primary piece coming back would have made so much sense to me. It sounds like they're willing to move on from Rossi, and he's got the pedigree to potentially break out.

Alas, not happening now.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Exactly. Even if we wanted to trade him, we need a decent return, otherwise what's the point? Just trade him to make the team worse and hope for that elusive 1st OA pick to magically fix everything? Even without TK this team won't be bad enough to outtank the real crap teams in the league.
What's the point of keeping him? What good comes out of it?

Reactions: BernieParent

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sam Pollock, legendary Canadiens GM, famously said that if you do want the fans want you’ll eventually be watching the games with them. I think he was on to something.
Sure, but the alternative would be to have a long term plan. And since we don't seem to have that I rather keep the few good players we have to make the on-ice product more enjoyable.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
The argument that the Flyers would have botched a konecny trade has lots of merit, and it still woulda made more sense than signing him. They aren't contending thru his prime years (which really he is at the tail end anyway) and the cap hit is gonna hurt in the final years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad