Rumor: Travis Konecny looking for ~10M/Y on a long term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Only way I see thag UFA plan having a shot is if they hit at least 2 home runs this year in the 1st round. One with a top end pick and the other with a later pick. Then you have Michkov, Luchanko, Home run 1, and home run 2. If those home runs are a 1C and 1D. Just too much has to go so right
The crazy thing is, Buium could be that 1D and they just passed on him for a reach who projects to be a "very nice 2C if all goes well." Then that box could have been checked.

They also need the ammo to land at least one of those in the Top-4 of the draft imho. Unless the lottery is rigged, there's zero chance the Flyers are picking 1st ov next season. They need to deal some vets so they can play themselves into a Top-4 pick without purposely tanking.

If they are in the vicinity they may be able to move up to 3-5 to select someone like Anton Frondell who I think would be the perfect C for Michkov.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The crazy thing is, Buium could be that 1D and they just passed on him for a reach who projects to be a "very nice 2C if all goes well." Then that box could have been checked.

They also need the ammo to land at least one of those in the Top-4 of the draft imho. Unless the lottery is rigged, there's zero chance the Flyers are picking 1st ov next season. They need to deal some vets so they can play themselves into a Top-4 pick without purposely tanking.

If they are in the vicinity they may be able to move up to 3-5 to select someone like Anton Frondell who I think would be the perfect C for Michkov.

I agree and the plan and choices make little sense to me. They had reasons to not pick Buium so they obviously didn’t think of him as a 1D. So their plan could still be to get a 2C then and a 1C next draft which there are a few. Then sign a 1D. With their roster and prospects that would make a contender pending a goalie but that likely will happen given the goalie depth.

Not sure I know who that UFA dman is. 2026 has crazy good talent and center and wing that I imagine they will be in on at least one of. Maybe they want to draft a dman this coming year, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense with the center talent and passing on Buium.

I’m not sure on the Dman talent of this coming draft nor the 2026 UFA list for Dmen.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

I hate being a Flyers fan so much

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think Konecny asks for 10, the flyers show him that his comparables are all between 7.5-8.5. In terms of points, thats probably a Horvat or Hichier or something. I think he's good, but there are what.. 15 players in the 10M+ range? Is he really part of that group? You might even argue that he would be 2nd line on a strong team

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Assuming that this is a credible report and I don't know who the source is so who knows, Konecny will be a quality rental at the deadline for somebody

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The source is the Flyers' PBP guy, and given what our former color guy is doing now, he may be more in tune with FO information than the average TV personality.

He's also essentially a PR guy for the team, given that NBC Sports Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Flyers are one in the same. Jackson has been on podcast and radio appearance run lately admonishing fans for being upset at the direction of the rebuild so far. He's a mouthpiece, not a source.

And, as I mentioned a few pages ago, he very quickly walked back his "$10 million" comment on a subsequent appearance and claimed he really didn't know and that it might be "8, 9, or 10."

So, there is absolutely 0 reason to put any stock in this number. This is a thread of people reacting to an offhand comment that a paid Flyers' management shill pulled out of his ass.

Reactions: Hanover Fist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad