Player Discussion Travis Hamonic (D)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Well, he's not a RHD, so there's that. I'm not a big fan of him on his offside in any situation other than trying to make a comeback when we're down late. He's not taking Chabot or Sanderson's spot, he's not taking Zub or Jensen's spots. Kleven and JBD have actually done pretty well when paired together, so I don't know where he realistically fits.

View attachment 922843
Right now he'd take the spot of one of JBD or Hamonic. If JBD is the better player, then sit Hamonic.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Right now he'd take the spot of one of JBD or Hamonic. If JBD is the better player, then sit Hamonic.
I have very little confidence in Brannstrom on his off side. He was among the most sheltered D in the league last year, and moving him to his offside just make it harder for him to deal with the heavy forchecks that he already struggles with.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Well, he's not a RHD, so there's that. I'm not a big fan of him on his offside in any situation other than trying to make a comeback when we're down late. He's not taking Chabot or Sanderson's spot, he's not taking Zub or Jensen's spots. Kleven and JBD have actually done pretty well when paired together, so I don't know where he realistically fits.
I'd have him as our 7th D playing his off side where he grew up playing over (2nd or 3rd pairing) instead of seeing Hamonic just treat the puck like a grenade and constantly play catch up because opposition is skating around him.

Really wish Staios just bought him out and didn't give Green the chance to play him at all. That Sanderson-Hamonic pairing was brutal last night.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'd have him as our 7th D playing his off side where he grew up playing over (2nd or 3rd pairing) instead of seeing Hamonic just treat the puck like a grenade and constantly play catch up because opposition is skating around him.

Really wish Staios just bought him out and didn't give Green the chance to play him at all. That Sanderson-Hamonic pairing was brutal last night.
For all the Hamonic talk, Sanderson has really struggled the last 2. Has he not been directly responsible for at least 1 goal in each of the last 2?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
For all the Hamonic talk, Sanderson has really struggled the last 2. Has he not been directly responsible for at least 1 goal in each of the last 2?
I don't know if I'd say he struggled per say. He's not been as good as he was the first few games of the season, but I don't see him losing coverage, playing catch up, or just slapping the puck wildly without trying to control the play. I think he's playing as good as he can while having an anchor on his right side.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't know if I'd say he struggled per say. He's not been as good as he was the first few games of the season, but I don't see him losing coverage, playing catch up, or just slapping the puck wildly without trying to control the play. I think he's playing as good as he can while having an anchor on his right side.
I just remember a couple giveaways that directly led to goals. One up the boards in the Vegas game on a misguided clearing attempt and then one right on an Avalanche's player in the game yesterday, but the free streams were in and out both games, so wasn't a smooth watching experience.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He just turned 22 in July and he's matched against the toughest of the toughest opponents playing alongside a pylon
I think he's the least of our problems

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He just turned 22 in July and he's matched against the toughest of the toughest opponents playing alongside a pylon
I think he's the least of our problems
...I didn't really say anything otherwise. I still think Sanderson is playing like a Norris level defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad