Player Discussion Travis Hamonic (D)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I thought Kleven was also shell shocked last night

hopefully things improve but many of us have raised concerns about the bottom pair. Not sure why people expect Hamonic to magically be better at his age

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I thought his game was ok (relative to expectations for your 6/7) until the last two shifts where he got hemmed in both times for very long shifts leading to quality chances against.
I agree. Thought he played fine other than those couple long shifts they got stuck out there for, but then it's not like that was only him. At one point they had a graphic that all 5 guys were over 2 minutes.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

hopefully things improve but many of us have raised concerns about the bottom pair. Not sure why people expect Hamonic to magically be better at his age
because he had the 1 good preseason game

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

I think it was the 2nd crazy long forecheck that showed Kleven and Hamonic not on the same page.

We controlled the puck and the Panthers did a full line change. Hamonic passed it to Kleven and told him to go behind the net for the Senators to change, but Kleven passed it right back and bolted to the bench.

Hamonic took it behind the net, waited for the change, but the Panthers forecheck was back and we never cleared the zone after Hamonic passed it to a covered winger.

Chabot was guilty of that too, on a other shift that led to us being trapped for an extended time.

Panthers forecheck is amazing, but we created our own mess numerous times.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No giveaways, 4 hits and 4 blocks are all good signs but he was caught on the ice for a few long shifts.
There are also 5 guys on the ice & the forwards are equally responsible to help the defence get the puck out & several times the forwards had the puck on their stick & failed to get the puck out. They still do some running around in their own end at times & I'm quite sure the coaching staff will address it, but Florida probably has the best attack team & forechecking team in the league. It's exactly the way the Sens should play for as much of the 60 minutes as possible.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Panther's forechecking is next level and Hamonic looks even slower than usual. He knows where to position himself to block shots, but he's just not fast enough to break up a play with his stick or effectively tie a guy up. Looking forward to seeing JBD with Kleven asap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad