Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ullmark vezina??
Well last I checked Swayman wasn't signed yet so I would have figured you'd be all over your boy Korpisalo for the Vezina by now....The odds may be a tad better to lay down a big chunk. You could be on the cover of Time

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's not coaching the defence. Noah Baumgartner is.

Hopefully Yeo keeps them in check, because there aren't really many positive things about how Vancouver played with Green as coach.
Lol did you see the roster?! Baumgartner is considered an unbelievable teacher. A real hands on player that played in the league.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I like Shrimp Cocktail followed by a medium Filet Mignon steak with mushrooms and vegetables followed by a medley of fruit. Add a glass or two of Lagavulin on the rocks. They do this right at the Shore Club restaurant in the Westin Hotel. :)
Medium fillet...how gauche! Why not just each baseball mit.

Also, you drink good single malt scotch whiskey by the dram, and never with ice. Maybe a couple drops of water but never "on the rocks".

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I like Shrimp Cocktail followed by a medium Filet Mignon steak with mushrooms and vegetables followed by a medley of fruit. Add a glass or two of Lagavulin on the rocks. They do this right at the Shore Club restaurant in the Westin Hotel. :)
They do but boy do they overcharge

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Medium fillet...how gauche! Why not just each baseball mit.

Also, you drink good single malt scotch whiskey by the dram, and never with ice. Maybe a couple drops of water but never "on the rocks".
To be fair, Filet is the most overrated cut and I’ll have a nice Speyside over a super peaty single malt every time.

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
To be fair, Filet is the most overrated cut and I’ll have a nice Speyside over a super peaty single malt every time.
Agreed on the fillet but if you eat one, eat it rare.

I just got back from distillery touring in Scottland so my Single malt collection just got a great boost.

For me it's a mood thing. I bought a lovely Tamdu 15 (Speyside) that has lovely fruit and honey notes and a smooth as silk Glenlivet 21. Both are amazing but sometimes I'm in the mood for a big peaty highland. Ben Nevis or Talisker are great but the Laguvalin 16 is classic liquid smoke.

Reactions: GCK

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Agreed on the fillet but if you eat one, eat it rare.

I just got back from distillery touring in Scottland so my Single malt collection just got a great boost.

For me it's a mood thing. I bought a lovely Tamdu 15 (Speyside) that has lovely fruit and honey notes and a smooth as silk Glenlivet 21. Both are amazing but sometimes I'm in the mood for a big peaty highland. Ben Nevis or Talisker are great but the Laguvalin 16 is classic liquid smoke.
I like to go with Highland Park Dark Origins when I want more body.

Also, give me a 16 oz rib with the cap on rare-medium rare every day.

Reactions: Silky Johnson

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK

That's a nice piece of meat! Being fattier justifies the slightly extra heat.

Have you tried the sous vide then quick grill method?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Well last I checked Swayman wasn't signed yet so I would have figured you'd be all over your boy Korpisalo for the Vezina by now....The odds may be a tad better to lay down a big chunk. You could be on the cover of Time
I mean I have it between Ullmark and korpi. I’ll probably just put half my savings on each.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

That's a nice piece of meat! Being fattier justifies the slightly extra heat.

Have you tried the sous vide then quick grill method?
I personally find a rib doesn't render well enough at lower doneness. Sous vide is fantastic though, good call. Reverse sear on the smoker is my weapon of choice

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What do you mean? Like you cook it for a bit, take it off and let it cool, then finish cooking?
I think he's talking about reverse sear,

Season and Cook the steak to about 10 degrees off the desired target temp in the oven or with inderect heat on the BBQ at a lower temp, pull them out and sear in a piping hot cast iron pan or on a hot BBQ for about 45 secs per side to sear/finish. I've also seen some use a torch to finish

Works best with roasts and think cut steak, not recommended for a thin cuts

Reactions: BigRig4

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think he's talking about reverse sear,

Season and Cook the steak to about 10 degrees off the desired target temp in the oven or with inderect heat on the BBQ at a lower temp, pull them out and sear in a piping hot cast iron pan or on a hot BBQ for about 45 secs per side to sear/finish. I've also seen some use a torch to finish

Works best with roasts and think cut steak, not recommended for a thin cuts
2” Ribeye works great but it’s probably the best way to grill the Costco Striploins, make sure to rest them for about 20 minutes before searing them at 600-700 degrees.

Reactions: milkbag

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
2” Ribeye works great but it’s probably the best way to grill the Costco Striploins, make sure to rest them for about 20 minutes before searing them at 600-700 degrees.
In a cast iron or non-stick pan specifically to get that nice crust

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1