Management Travis Green [Head Coach]

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
our 5v5 underlying numbers on NST are weird...

xGF%, 13th at 51.93%
CF%, 12th in the league at 51.12%
FF%, 7th at 54.84%
Shots for %, 4th at 55.22%

Looking good so far...

SCF%, 19th at 48.28%
HDCF%, 26th at 40%

To be fair, the SCF and HDCF are low event stats, so the sample is too small to be meaningful, though that's not to say xGF, CF, FF or shots samples are big enough to be particularly meaningful either...

Reactions: BigRig4

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So you watched 55 games of a different coach that wasn't a long term option and that's how you know better options were available and willing to sign here mid season? You aren't even making coherent points anymore,

And I never claimed Green was a coaching mastermind, nice strawman, i've been pretty clear that we haven't seen enough of him to make that claim, or the inverse.

Here's a list of the midseason hires

Drew Bannister, 0 games as NHL coach, currently 2-1-0
John Hynes, 0 playoff wins. Currently 1-0-2.
Kris Knaublach, 0 games as NHL Head coach. Currently 0-3
Patrick Roy, after a strong first season, saw his his team to conservative playoff misses, then ditched them abruptly in Aug before the season started. Also, 0 playoff wins. Currently 0-1-1

Seems like their teams are struggling too.

The top coaches with options tend to wait till the offseason, or are going to sign with teams they think are going to win no

So you watched 55 games of a different coach that wasn't a long term option and that's how you know better options were available and willing to sign here mid season? You aren't even making coherent points anymore,

And I never claimed Green was a coaching mastermind, nice strawman, i've been pretty clear that we haven't seen enough of him to make that claim, or the inverse.

Here's a list of the midseason hires

Drew Bannister, 0 games as NHL coach, currently 2-1-0
John Hynes, 0 playoff wins. Currently 1-0-2.
Kris Knaublach, 0 games as NHL Head coach. Currently 0-3
Patrick Roy, after a strong first season, saw his his team to conservative playoff misses, then ditched them abruptly in Aug before the season started. Also, 0 playoff wins. Currently 0-1-1

Seems like their teams are struggling too.

The top coaches with options tend to wait till the offseason, or are going to sign with teams they think are going to win now.

So are you saying whomever they could have hired, last December, and had 55 games to work with, before this current season…. Would have been worse than waiting for Green in the off-season?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So are you saying whomever they could have hired, last December, and had 55 games to work with, before this current season…. Would have been worse than waiting for Green in the off-season?
Is that what I said?

I think if you read carefully, you might see a theme in my posts, one that goes along the lines of it being to early to evaluate Green, and that guys with longer more proven track records generally aren't signing midseason with rebuilding teams.

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad