Confirmed with Link: Training Camp

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
When did I claim I know more about prospects than NHL scouts? NHL scouts make mistakes and aren't perfect. It has been proven time and time again. I insult stupid takes, and the Yakemchuk getting sent down chirps were either trolls trying to be funny or just absurd takes. I know I would have done better drafting than Ken Holland did in Edmonton though. I think a fifth-grader would have...I can disagree with draft picks, just like any fan does, and some fans end up being right. You're delusional if you think all of Bill Armstrong's first-round picks are going to hit it out of the park.

First rounds Busts while Bill was a scout in St. Louis: Erik Johnson(1), Marek Schwarz(17), David Rundblad(17), Jordan Schmaltz(25), Dominik Bokk(25)

The Blues hit on a lot of players, but they weren't perfect of course.

I am not a fan of Tourigney. I don't think his in-game adjustments are that great, I think he is better suited as an assistant over the guy in charge. If this team isn't fighting for a playoff spot right to the bitter end next year Tourigney will be canned. Hopefully, they bring in a guy like Joel Quenneville to lead this squad to the promised land if that is the case. I'll give Bill two more years to see real progress and a playoff berth by 25-26 or I think he will be canned as well.

This is a results-oriented business at the end of the day.
Still arguing...

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think it's AT's job to lose. He like everyone else have no excuses. All have to have higher expectations for this year. Keller said as much when he said the rebuild is all but over. I would say our expectations should be the playoffs, but man are we in a tough division.
You're like a broken record, same thing every year.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Dude... Get off your high horse and start actually reading what people's are writing instead of trying to shove your opinion down our throat ... First of all, no one is arguing Michkov is elite talent and talent wise he was the 2nd best talent in that draft. However, like multiples persons told you before, he didn't want to play in Arizona at all and it was made clear as day after the draft so it was better to draft anyone else than him just cause of that.

Secondly, no one is saying Simashev is a sure fire top pair defenseman. In fact he is more likely to be a 3rd defenseman TOp Pk D than 1st pairing PP guy. You compare him to Zadorov who is a much more physical defenseman while Sim is way more active with his sticks to cut plays so stop telling people that they don't watch hockey when you are making wrong comparisons. He is more of a Slavin type defenseman with a little less offense I feel. TBH, I still feel he was a reach at 6 but time will tell if he reaches his potential.

Thirdly, Yakemchuk sure had a really good 5 games in pre season playing against AHL level lineup but if you actually watch him play last year in Calgary in the W he has tendancy to go up the rush quite often and get caught out of position often. He sure has good offensive tools but 5 pre season games are too little to say he has superstar written all over him. I would still take Dickinson or Buium before him in the long run.

Finally, Benson is good but it is much easier to draft a guy like that than a guy like But who has a very unique skillset that goes with his big size frame. Its simple math. I trust BA and the scouts in the end.
I am not gonna argue with your first paragraph again. I already went over this.

Simashev has literally zero offensive ability. He ain't no Slavin I'll tell you that right now lol.

Yakemchuk played well in his own zone in pre-season. Another guy who obviously didn't watch him play spewing nonsense or reading too much crap and not actually watching the games.

Not going to argue this point any further. Size doesn't matter as much as it used to on fwd. Defence yes, but fwd no. I actually said the But pick was ok compared to where Simashev got drafted.I just like Benson more.

I know hockey, and have watched a lot of it for 20 years. I have an eye for talent, and I am a scout in the midget AAA ranks and am looking to move up, but I don't want to give away too much personal info.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Prarievarg

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Being a troll isn't something to take pride in. That's why I'm still wondering if you're a kid or just immature.

I'm focused on how Utah and Sergachev do over the next few years. If they're playing good hockey, I could care less how those players are doing in Tampa.

Anyways, I'm done feeding the troll.
I work in hockey bud. You're just a very sensitive guy, who doesn't like your team being criticized. I like the work this GM has done, but I just question some of his decisions. I won't bring this point up again.

Fans are homers, that's just the way it is. I know I wouldn't have pick the two Russians, but I think BA knows a bit more about the players than you and I.:laugh:
He knows some, but honestly, he didn't get a deep look at them the year he drafted them. He would have known the guys in the Canadian junior leagues a lot more. There wasn't much viewings of these two prospects the year they were drafted. He took a huge gamble!

• Haha
Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Plgilbert89

Jul 10, 2024
Quebec
Just respect that there are other opinions out there and show some respect. Btw what you just said is pretty much what I just said too. I wanted Benson too at the time but thats just because I had way more viewings of him cause he played in the C and I was biased. He might end up the better player but like I said I trust the scouts. I agreed that Yak played well in preseason but he has many things to work on on the defensive side of puck hence why he was sent down. Now lets rally behind our boys tonight and lets start with a big win at home.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I am not gonna argue with your first paragraph again. I already went over this.

Simashev has literally zero offensive ability. He ain't no Slavin I'll tell you that right now lol.

Yakemchuk played well in his own zone in pre-season. Another guy who obviously didn't watch him play spewing nonsense or reading too much crap and not actually watching the games.

Not going to argue this point any further. Size doesn't matter as much as it used to on fwd. Defence yes, but fwd no. I actually said the But pick was ok compared to where Simashev got drafted.I just like Benson more.

I know hockey, and have watched a lot of it for 20 years. I have an eye for talent, and I am a scout in the midget AAA ranks and am looking to move up, but I don't want to give away too much personal info.
Still arguing...

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Just respect that there are other opinions out there and show some respect. Btw what you just said is pretty much what I just said too. I wanted Benson too at the time but thats just because I had way more viewings of him cause he played in the C and I was biased. He might end up the better player but like I said I trust the scouts. I agreed that Yak played well in preseason but he has many things to work on on the defensive side of puck hence why he was sent down. Now lets rally behind our boys tonight and lets start with a big win at home.
I have shown respect. I can dish it out, but I can also take it. The CHL is still by far the best league to draft talent out of. That is why I am biased and trust their development programs a lot more compared to Russian leagues. Guys like Michkov are exceptions to the rule. Yak made solid defensive plays in pre-season, and there is a video on youtube proving my point that I can link if you'd like.

Yakemchuk is a very special talent, and fills a bigger need than Iginla on this roster. That's why I wanted him over iggy. I like Iggy as a prospect and the program he is at, but I really thought Yak was a BA guy 120%.

Still arguing...
And you're still making meaningless posts that add nothing to the discussion.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I have shown respect. I can dish it out, but I can also take it. The CHL is still by far the best league to draft talent out of. That is why I am biased and trust their development programs a lot more compared to Russian leagues. Guys like Michkov are exceptions to the rule. Yak made solid defensive plays in pre-season, and there is a video on youtube proving my point that I can link if you'd like.

Yakemchuk is a very special talent, and fills a bigger need than Iginla on this roster. That's why I wanted him over iggy. I like Iggy as a prospect and the program he is at, but I really thought Yak was a BA guy 120%.

And you're still making meaningless posts that add nothing to the discussion.
And I could argue the same thing about you...

Reactions: Prarievarg

Plgilbert89

Jul 10, 2024
Quebec
Tbh I thought we would draft him (Yak) as well as I thought he fit more our organisations need at that time and beacuse of his size and skating. I was surprised we went for Tij but I understand why the day after when we traded for Sergachev. We'll see in the long run if it was a mistake or not but Tij will be a solid NHL player for sure. Jury's is still out if he will be a superstar or not though.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Tbh I thought we would draft him (Yak) as well as I thought he fit more our organisations need at that time and beacuse of his size and skating. I was surprised we went for Tij but I understand why the day after when we traded for Sergachev. We'll see in the long run if it was a mistake or not but Tij will be a solid NHL player for sure. Jury's is still out if he will be a superstar or not though.
I still think we could have traded for Serg and drafted Yak. I like that Tij is playing C this year, but I still project him as a winger, which we have a surplus of. It sounds like you and I agree on a lot more than you think haha. I know most of you homers don't like my takes on the Sergachev trade, so I am not going to rehash that point again.

Picks I have loved by BA:
Cooley(College)
Geekie(CHL)
MavLam(CHL)
Doan(College)
Guenther(CHL)
Matikka(College)
Goldsmith(CHL)
Kipkie(CHL)
Skahan(College)
Allard(CHL)

Picks I don't like or saw better options:
Simashev(Russian)
But(Russian)
Beaudoin(CHL)
Iginla(CHL)
Castagna(College)
Langlois(CHL)
Fedetov(Russian)

Last edited:

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
You're just a very sensitive guy, who doesn't like your team being criticized.

I'm not the one that threw a hissy fit yesterday because I wasn't getting enough validation. This is what sensitive looks like:

I am not going to argue with you guys any further. Too many of you are homers and don't appreciate talent on other teams.

Too many clueless people on this forum.

1bel2h.gif

Plgilbert89

Jul 10, 2024
Quebec
I'll just say this about drafting Russian prospects, it kind of sucks right now in terms of development. They cant play at WJC which is really good development wise for a young hockey players. Also if they play in the KHL they have very limited ice time if they have expressed their desires to come play NHL like we can see with But Demidov and others.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I did not read all of the comments , but I think the Defensive system that we have is not good ( or the players were not executing)

I think grabbing these new D saved John Madden s job for a year..but

If we don’t improve,I.bet he would be the guy to go before AT….

Just my OP.. and I could be Wrong

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
most arrogant, know-it-all armchair GM we've ever seen in our neck of the woods.

"The French coach" lol

It's not even your opinion that is so aggravating. It's how you present it.

Edit: Did you used to have the screen name Yotes4Cup or something similar? I notice it no longer exists.
Hinterland (i think it was) comes to mind. Pretend to be a fan just to dismiss actual fans opinions to boost your own ego.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I work in hockey bud. You're just a very sensitive guy, who doesn't like your team being criticized. I like the work this GM has done, but I just question some of his decisions. I won't bring this point up again.

He knows some, but honestly, he didn't get a deep look at them the year he drafted them. He would have known the guys in the Canadian junior leagues a lot more. There wasn't much viewings of these two prospects the year they were drafted. He took a huge gamble!
It was my understanding that BA went to Russian to watch them play.:dunno: Like I said, I would not have picked either player as well. Time will tell is BA is correct or you are.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
It was my understanding that BA went to Russian to watch them play.:dunno:

It was actually in Belarus. Watched them play, interviewed them and met some of their family while there. I recall reading that they have a scout that lives in Russia that had seen them more often and recommended they go to this tournament to see for themselves. Can't find that article.

Edit: Sergei Kuznetsov

Still, doesn't sound like as much in person scouting as typical because of the war. Interesting that supposedly only one other NHL team had representatives at the tournament.

From Russia with gloves: Coyotes pull NHL Draft surprise with Simashev at No. 6, But at No. 12 - PHNX Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: finkelsteinberg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It was my understanding that BA went to Russian to watch them play.:dunno: Like I said, I would not have picked either player as well. Time will tell is BA is correct or you are.
Time will give us an idea, but will never tell, too many variables. Michkov would be the obvious example as he had huge potential of Lindros / Wheeler / Turris / etc. syndrome. The other players will play with other teams, thus there is no way to quantify with certainty the measure of their performance with Utah.

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad