Confirmed with Link: Training Camp

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Even though their minutes have been limited, they are already playing in the KHL. They could make the UHC roster next season or, maybe only part of the season the AHL. I'm curious to see what transpires. Wouldn't be surprised if they're already NHL ready. It's just that BA likes to bake.
It's about depth. To me it would look like the call ups will be better than the skaters they replace. Also it'll be about the NHL's season vs the KHL's and getting use to the NA game. It's always about how you end the season and not how you start. They'll start in the AHL...

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Michkov > Simashev; Benson > But
You guys can live in a pipe dream all you want but that is how it will shake out. Also, I love how you guys say they're small like that matters. Some of the most elite forwards in the NHL aren't that big. J Hughes, Kaprizov, kucherov, Panarin, Keller etc. Today's NHL is a lot different than the old days.

Having a big D-core and smaller forwards is fine imo. Esp in the top 6, also the guy BA drafted in Tij at 6th overall isn't very big either.

Keller - Cooley - Michkov
But - Hayton - Guenther
Maccelli - Beaudoin - Doan
Crouse - Mcbain - Raty

Sergachev - Yakemchuk
Duda - Lamoureux
Skahan - Durzi

Hrabel
Ingram

These are the little tweaks I would have made and the roster I foresee in about 2-3 years if I were in charge. I'll give BA Sergachev, because he still is a top 2 D-man, I just think Geekie is younger and will be better for longer. I'll also give BA But, because I think he will be a solid player still even though Benson looks really good. Yakemchuk is f***ing nasty and is up to 7 pts in 4 pre-season games. He is also listed at 6'4 now.
Much as I like to root for the little guys, being 5-5 and all, I think that teams need at least a modicum of big, skilled forwards in the top two lines. It’s harder to defend than attack as a forward and most elite 2way forwards are over 5-8.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Much as I like to root for the little guys, being 5-5 and all, I think that teams need at least a modicum of big, skilled forwards in the top two lines. It’s harder to defend than attack as a forward and most elite 2way forwards are over 5-8.
well not one player I listed is under 5'8...

This is how I picture it...

Armstrong:
"You willing to bleed Coyote red!?!"

Michkov:
"No. Not at all. Might not even suit up."

(Crickets)

:laugh:
Like I said before, Michkov wants to play in the NHL. He doesn't want to sit in the KHL his whole career. Don't believe all the propaganda about him being a team cancer either. They should have took him, because like I said before, I don't think Simashev will be that good anyways...And funny enough he is playing in the NHL before your boys Simashev and But are.

I'd much rather have Michkov and Yakemchuk over Iginla and Simashev...

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Like I said before, Michkov wants to play in the NHL. He doesn't want to sit in the KHL his whole career.

Of course he wants to play in the NHL. Apparently he didn't want to play for just any team in the NHL. That's the sense of entitlement I mentioned.

Whole career? We're talking months to a few years if he holds out. You can say you know what Michkov wants as much as you like, but the risks this team would be taking if they picked him are real whether you acknowledge them or not.

Don't believe all the propaganda about him being a team cancer either.

Again, you say this like you personally know Michkov. You do that a lot.

I'm not referring to any propaganda. I don't need it. The fact that he manipulated the draft process and went out of his way to make sure he wasn't drafted by certain teams says enough.

Every other prospect follows a certain NHL draft/prospect protocol, goes to the team that selects them. Michkov felt he was too good to follow that standard and that is a huge red flag to the type of person he is.

If there are past rumors that he is a locker-room cancer that I haven't yet heard, I must say that I'm not surprised after seeing how he handled the draft process.

And funny enough he is playing in the NHL before your boys Simashev and But are.

For Philadelphia. A team that he wanted to play for. I'm curious how he would react if they told him they were sending him to the A for a while. Maybe his sense of entitlement makes him feel like he should have a guaranteed spot on their roster even if he hasn't earned it.

Besides, everyone knows that Michkov is better than Sim and But. That's not the issue being discussed as to why the Coyotes (and 5 other teams) didn't pick him even though he was easily the BPA. It's about using a 6th OA pick on a guy that might never play for you and could be a major headache.

Anyways, if you think that forcing Michkov to play here would've worked out well for Michkov and the team then there's no way anyone is going to change your mind but it sounds like a forced marriage made in hell, bound for a messy divorce to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canis Latrans

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
well not one player I listed is under 5'8...

Like I said before, Michkov wants to play in the NHL. He doesn't want to sit in the KHL his whole career. Don't believe all the propaganda about him being a team cancer either. They should have took him, because like I said before, I don't think Simashev will be that good anyways...And funny enough he is playing in the NHL before your boys Simashev and But are.

I'd much rather have Michkov and Yakemchuk over Iginla and Simashev...
He wanted to specifically play in a few markets; he wasn't going to come to either Phoenix or Salt Lake city, so it's an unfounded criticism. He also was on a 3-year deal at draft time and could sit on it. He had higher leverage to get himself drafted by who he wanted than most top picks. There was a real risk he'd not play for the team and then you've wasted a top draft pick for nothing.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
He wanted to specifically play in a few markets; he wasn't going to come to either Phoenix or Salt Lake city, so it's an unfounded criticism. He also was on a 3-year deal at draft time and could sit on it. He had higher leverage to get himself drafted by who he wanted than most top picks. There was a real risk he'd not play for the team and then you've wasted a top draft pick for nothing.
Well no you haven't wasted it. Because you say well tough luck buddy, you either play here or rot in the KHL your whole career. I bet he changes his tune and plays. Like I said, the guy we have now doesn't look like he is going to be some all-star D-man anyway, so you might as well take the risk. If push comes to shove you trade him for other assets. You don't let some 18-year-old kid run the show.

Of course he wants to play in the NHL. Apparently he didn't want to play for just any team in the NHL. That's the sense of entitlement I mentioned.

Whole career? We're talking months to a few years if he holds out. You can say you know what Michkov wants as much as you like, but the risks this team would be taking if they picked him are real whether you acknowledge them or not.

Again, you say this like you personally know Michkov. You do that a lot.

I'm not referring to any propaganda. I don't need it. The fact that he manipulated the draft process and went out of his way to make sure he wasn't drafted by certain teams says enough.

Every other prospect follows a certain NHL draft/prospect protocol, goes to the team that selects them. Michkov felt he was too good to follow that standard and that is a huge red flag to the type of person he is.

If there are past rumors that he is a locker-room cancer that I haven't yet heard, I must say that I'm not surprised after seeing how he handled the draft process.

For Philadelphia. A team that he wanted to play for. I'm curious how he would react if they told him they were sending him to the A for a while. Maybe his sense of entitlement makes him feel like he should have a guaranteed spot on their roster even if he hasn't earned it.

Besides, everyone knows that Michkov is better than Sim and But. That's not the issue being discussed as to why the Coyotes (and 5 other teams) didn't pick him even though he was easily the BPA. It's about using a 6th OA pick on a guy that might never play for you and could be a major headache.

Anyways, if you think that forcing Michkov to play here would've worked out well for Michkov and the team then there's no way anyone is going to change your mind but it sounds like a forced marriage made in hell, bound for a messy divorce to me.
You guys are acting like you know him lol. You're reading reports, who the f*** knows the real truth. Maybe with the move to Salt Lake, he changes his tune and plays here. You take that risk with a talent like that. This is a guy who has the potential to easily score 50+ in the NHL.

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Well no you haven't wasted it. Because you say well tough luck buddy, you either play here or rot in the KHL your whole career.

Again, there's no world where he gets stuck in the KHL for his whole career if he refuses to play for the team that drafted him. He would hold all the cards. That pick would absolutely be wasted until he was traded.

I bet he changes his tune and plays.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Coyotes along with 5 other GMs wouldn't take that bet. Guys that do this for a living and have for a long time.

If push comes to shove you trade him for other assets.

How badly does BA lose the trade because every GM knows that Michkov holds all the cards and has a gun to his head?

You're reading reports, who the f*** knows the real truth.

The GMs that passed him up know the truth.

If a quote from his own Agent doesn't convince you, you'll accept nothing short of hearing it directly from Michkov's own mouth. Then you'll probably say it's an AI fake because you want Michkov so badly. It's trendy for people to label things they don't like "fake news" now-a-days. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: gorsk11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad