Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Nice start tonight against the Bulldongs, this Spitfire team is looking legit. I always read on here how awesome their organization is but the second year out from our battle in the league finals and nobody in their right mind would prefer their rebuild to ours.

I take back everything I ever said bad about Constanzo in the preseason, he has been our best player tonight so far, bailing out the penalty kill several times with outstanding saves. The breakout on that power play goal we scored was something else, and was directly responsible for it being scored. That was a nice piece of coaching by the new guy. It looks all good, bring it home boys.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I will admit, I was skeptical coming into tonight's game. Something about road games with this team in the past has left me nervous and not confident. They're slowly changing my mind. You jump out to a nice lead, then shut the door when you need to on multiple 5-on-3s? This was another team effort with no passengers. I would have preferred if they didn't allow the multiple 5-on-3s; that's something to clean up next game. However, the team seems ready to tackle whatever comes their way. That's a breath of fresh air. Now, they've got a major test with Brampton and Erie next Friday and Saturday. Brampton is an undefeated beast while Erie's never easy in Erie. Honestly, if Windsor can come away with two points out of those, I'll be content.

Right now, though, I'll certainly take four wins and nine points in five games. BTW, as of me typing this, Windsor has the best GF-GA ratio/totals in the entire CHL (31-12).

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad