Johnson-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Lindholm-McAvoy
Zadorov-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Korpisalo
Bussi

13th forward-Brazeau
7th D-Wotherspoon (8th if they carry 2 goalies Sweezy)
3rd goalie-Petera
With 2 goals in 3 games I would be shocked if Brazeau was not at least in the bottom 6.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
With 2 goals in 3 games I would be shocked if Brazeau was not at least in the bottom 6.
You can slide Beecher to wing and Kastelic to center and put Brazeau at RW. I don't think they signed Jones to be 13th forward though. It may well end up Beecher as 13th forward as Kastelic is one of the few forwards who has shown up every game he has played in the preseason.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think you're nuts if Brazeau isn't in your middle-6.
Brazeau had 5 goals in 19 games last year. If that's his pace he's a 20+ goal scorer and we don't have many of those. Goals will be hard to come by some nights for this team and so I agree, Brazeau has to be on that 3rd line.

Will he get 20 goals? Maybe not, but I don't see him as a defensive liability so he deserves the spot until someone better takes it from him.

Kastelic is definitely going to be on the 4th line. Anyone else idk.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Frederic
Johnson-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Lindholm-McAvoy
Zadorov-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Korpisalo
Bussi

13th forward-Brazeau
7th D-Wotherspoon (8th if they carry 2 goalies Sweezy)
3rd goalie-Petera
Why would they play Frederic and Johnson on their off wings?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What's the verdict on Tyler Johnson? Do folks want to keep him or go with someone else?
I’d rather they went with in-house players so that youth can get a chance, but in all honesty I can’t say that any of the hopefuls outplayed him. He’s arguably been better. 1 year deal on short money, sure. He could still be waived to Providence and have his cap hit buried if he falls off the cliff.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
What's the verdict on Tyler Johnson? Do folks want to keep him or go with someone else?
Johnson seems to have a little more reliable versatility than any of the youngsters so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him. He's also the kind of guy who you could plug in if Marchand or somebody like that needs a game off now and again for the various bumps and bruises you know he will get the way he plays.
I think they have Freddy penciled in as 3C and not second line wing.

The wildcard in all this is Jones since we haven't seen him play. I suspect he starts as 13th man but Jones, Johnson and Poitras might all rotate in and out of the line up initially.

Likely:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie
Brazeau-Frederic- Poitras/Johnson
Jones-Kastelic-Beecher

D pairs idk. Monty seems to still be switching them around looking for chemistry. Might continue all year.

Reactions: PlayMakers

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lots of players are going to float up and down based on game situations and how they're playing. This would be my starting lineup and go from there as the game progresses

Zacha -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Poitras

Freddy -- Geekie -- Brazeau

Jones -- Beecher -- Kastelic

Ex: Johnson

Zadorov -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Lohrei -- Peeke

Ex: Wotherspoon

Korps
Bussi

Ad