Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Just posted this in his player thread but since it's coming up here now...

I am a strong advocate for keeping Poitras at center. This team needs him to be a center in the future and he should continue to see time there unless he shows after some time he really cant hang.

IMO, it's very possible that he starts as the third line center between Frederic/Geekie(or TJ) and finishes the season with Marchand on his wing.

I am a Poitras fan, but I don't mind if he starts out on the wing. After all, Patrice played wing for a time at the beginning of his career.

My sense is that Matt will find his level, as water does.

And just as elusively.

As Montgomery noted yesterday, Poitras is used to having the puck on his stick much of the time.

That means, as Monty pointed out, at present he is still vulnerable to the hit, or the late hit.

He has to learn to get rid of the puck smartly and safely, even when he would prefer to make the play.

Matthew also needs to learn how to play against men, men who are much bigger than he is, and likely looking to plaster Slick at every opportunity.

I believe my binkie will eventually do so.

Without getting silly, Matt reminds of DK#46.

His intelligence and resultant puck possession, executed properly, allows him to slow down the game and let it come to him.

Ideally, he may prove the rare player who can control the game.

Raymond used to do this too, in his way. Doug Harvey and Bobby were masters.

A very special talent and invaluable skill.

I look forward to watching #51 develop it.

Reactions: JAD and Gordoff

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
And I'm sure a 34 year old Tyler Johnson who had the worst underlining numbers on one of the worst teams in the league last year who doesn't PK anymore and was never offered a contract and career AHL'er Patrick Brown are the defensive stalwarts to prevent anyone from scoring on us lol
You can take that to the bank.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Swayman stuff has been a real downer, looking forward to watching the game tomorrow and getting back to some hockey
I hope it's on NESN because I never saw the Saturday night game. Went to watch the recording and got some 50 Greatest Goals show. Then, I set it up to record the re-broadcast on Center Ice (which I don't have) and got Calgary Vs whoever. The NHL is worried about "building the game?" How about taking care of your loyal fans?
The NFL could teach them a few things about that!

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad