Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Big Zad

He can score. He obliterates guys. His skating is top tier. He is huge. What’s not to like?

McAvoy and him on the top pairing is down right scary. I’m sure we will get to witness the entire hockey world hate the bruins again.
I think defensive details are what he will need to work on, but you’re right, they should be a scary pair to play against.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I can see Johnson making the team.
He provides so much versality can move up and down the lines, is a useful penalty killer as well.
He hasn't killed penalties in years. In the last 5 seasons combined he's played less than 16 minutes on the pk.

Patrick Brown in 11 games for the B's last year played more minutes on the PK than TyJo has played in the last 4 seasons.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Big Zad

He can score. He obliterates guys. His skating is top tier. He is huge. What’s not to like?

McAvoy and him on the top pairing is down right scary. I’m sure we will get to witness the entire hockey world hate the bruins again.
Remember when McAvoy broke into the NHL, he was paired with Chara. He got his Z back!

Reactions: Kegs

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The new goalie showing his Tuukkatude during a game:

Funny how different leagues and countries handle these things. Kaskisuo received a 5-game suspension for that from the SHL. If he'd done it in Australia, in any sport, he'd have been banned for a year. At least. Just a huge no-no.

Will give him points for the accuracy of the throw though. Maybe he chose the wrong sport!

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yep. Everyone assumes he's going to help our defensive game but he's an offensive minded guy. He's going to join the rush and put pucks on net. That McAvoy pair is probably going to be an offensive pair while Lindholm-Carlo will continue to play heavy defensive minutes.

My issue with that is it's a mis-use of Lindholm. Carlo can suck up those defensive draws all day but if you want to identify the no. 1 reason why Hampus had some struggles last year I think this is it - his D zone game is decent but it has limits and for him to play well and make an impact he needs some time where he can get the puck on his stick and be making offensive plays. Last season he got just 34% offensive zone starts 5v5, easily the lowest in his career, and I think that was detrimental. He's not a shut down defender.

That said, I think he and Carlo do make a solid pairing, you're just asking a lot of Lindy if you keep expecting him to take on that much of a purely defensive workload. We've seen that it leads to mistakes and it takes away some of his natural talents. So IMO if the pairing is to stick together it either needs to get some more offensive time or Lindholm also needs to get some more opportunities playing with Charlie or even Peeke or whoever. Anything that gives him a little more freedom to get up ice.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Worries me that he wasn’t able to train until a few months ago but gained all this weight. Makes me wonder how much of it was muscle and how much was fat.

Well he wasn't able to work much on his upper body until a few months ago, but he had a chance to do a lot of work on his lower body , and likely his core. As well as cardio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad